The Vaccine Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating Covid-19 vaccine management activities, including ordering vaccines, ensuring vaccines are stored and handled correctly, vaccine inventory tracking, and staff training. The Vaccine Coordinator ensures proper storage of vaccine in compliance with standards, maintains record keeping and appointment system, and maintains systems to assure high compliance with state regulation. Supervises entry of vaccine and immunization data to ensure compliance with state regulation and prepares reports as needed for the New Jersey State Department of Health.
Vaccine Management (95%)
- Ordering vaccines
- Overseeing proper receipt and storage of vaccine deliveries
- Is present when vaccine is delivered and immediately process it into inventory
- Documenting vaccine inventory information and organizing vaccines within storage units
- Setting up temperature monitoring devices
- Reading and recording storage unit temps a minimum of two times each workday
- Reading and recording current minimum/maximum temps from a digital data logger two times each workday
- Reviewing and analyzing temperature data at least weekly for any shifts in temperature trends
- Performing a physical inventory of all vaccine in stock
- Rotating stock at least weekly so vaccine with the earliest expiration dates are used first
- Removing expired vaccine from storage units
- Responding to out-of-range temperatures (temp excursion)
- Maintaining all documentation, such as inventory and temperature logs
- Monitoring operation of storage equipment and systems
- Overseeing proper vaccine transport (when necessary)
- Overseeing emergency preparations, including plans for ensuring safety of vaccine during emergencies
- Implementing the written emergency response plan, as necessary
- Tracking inclement weather conditions in order be prepared for power outages that might affect vaccine temperature maintenance
- Ensuring appropriate handling of vaccines during disaster or power outage
- Accounting for doses of returned or transferred vaccines since the last order
- Completing and submit NJIIS daily reports
- Ability to supervise clinic staff including immunization nurses, as needed
- Ensuring that any staff who are involved in vaccine handling and administration are properly trained
- Assists in the development, review, and revision of vaccine policies, procedures and protocols
- New Jersey license as a professional Registered Nurse.
- 3-5 years of nursing experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automate External Defibrillator (AED) certifications.
- Flexibility and dependability. Attendance is critical.
- Skilled in independent decision-making.
- Ability to clearly and comfortably delegate tasks to others.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm under pressure.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent technical and computer skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of the CDC’s and NJDOH guidelines.
- Willingness to invest time in monitoring changes in a rapidly changing field.
- Previous experience as a Vaccine Coordinator
- Previous experience in Public Health Setting
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW .
includes evenings and weekends
may be extended
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate’s current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.
Covid Vaccine Management Leader, Rutgers University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title COVID Vaccine Management Leader Posting Number 21TM0058 Department RSH Hurtado Health Center Overview Rutgers Student Health’s approach to health and wel...
Covid Vaccination Clinical Leader, Rutgers University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title COVID Vaccination Clinical Leader Posting Number 21TM0060 Department RSH Hurtado Health Center Overview Rutgers Student Health’s approach to health and w...
Assistant Pod (Point Of Dispensing) Manager, Rutgers University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant POD (Point of Dispensing) Manager Posting Number 21TM0059 Department RSH Hurtado Health Center Overview Rutgers Student Health’s approach to he...
Mechanical Systems Mechanic I, Rutgers University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Mechanical Systems Mechanic I Job Category Staff & Executive - Facilities/Environmental/Maintenance Department IPO-Facilities Utilities Overview Rutgers,...
Operating Engineer Apprentice, Rutgers University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title Operating Engineer Apprentice Job Category Staff & Executive - Facilities/Environmental/Maintenance Department IPO-Facilities Utilities Overview New Jers...
Uchc Advanced Practice Nurse Njsp, Rutgers University, United States, 12 days ago
Position Details Recruitment/Posting Title UCHC Advanced Practice Nurse NJSP Job Category Staff & Executive - Medical (Clinical) - Nurse Practitioner Department UCHC-Ph-New Jersey State Prison Ove...