Housing Office Administration
The University of Kansas is looking for both full and part-time temporary positions to provide reception services. The positions will be located at Naismith Hall and provide front desk services to ensure operational flow and safety for KU’s housing isolation facility for COVID positive students. This position will be responsible for providing access to entry for deliveries, answer questions and phone calls, greet and complete paperwork for incoming residents, monitor security cameras, and provide data entry services. This position is required to be in-person and follow all safety protocols and policies outlined by the University and KU Student Housing and will be located in a workspace designed taking CDC health and safety recommendations into account. Although selected candidates will have an assigned work schedule, those which may be flexible in providing coverage for other shifts when necessary is preferred.
Please note the different shifts available below. All shifts may be adjusted based on the needs of the position.
Day: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday)
Day: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday)
Evening: 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 pm. (Monday – Sunday)
Night: 10:00 p.m. - 7 a.m. (Monday – Sunday )
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Greet Visitors
- Welcomes building guests. Registers guests as allowed. Signs for and provides directions for necessary deliveries ad packages.
- Answers front-desk phone to provide reception services to incoming calls. Provides customer service in answering questions and/or problem resolution.
- Require incoming and outgoing visitors/deliveries to sign a log that includes the time of arrival or departure and the purpose of the visit. Issue ID badges if appropriate.
- Monitor security cameras throughout the facility. Responsible for contacting public safety or medical support in emergency situations.
- Submit maintenance requests for any facility need (i.e., light replacement, cleaning, hvac issue, etc.).
- May perform basic office tasks such as making copies, sorting mail, or entering data. However, their primary secretarial duty is handling incoming calls. Actions can include providing basic information, such as hours of operation or directions to the facility, taking messages, and redirecting the call to the appropriate person or department.
Additional Candidate Instruction
Please apply with a resume. We also ask that you answer the question concerning your availability for the shifts described in the above posting. Phone Interviews will begin as early as August 25, 2020.
Advertised Salary Range
$14-$15 an hour; shift differential for after 6pm and before 6am
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
varies, see position overview for times available
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).