University Health Services (UHS) at Princeton University is a fully accredited (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, or “AAAHC”) health care facility. Located in the McCosh Health Center, the Caldwell Field House, and Dillon Gym, UHS provides comprehensive health services to more than 7,500 Princeton undergraduate and graduate students, and specialized services to Princeton University faculty, staff, and employees who experience work-related injuries and illnesses, or who require consultations regarding international and travel medicine.
UHS’s mission is to enhance learning and student success by advancing the health and well-being of our diverse University community. This mission is pursued and supports the University’s purpose by using current knowledge of health and human development to guide responsive, high quality clinical, prevention, and consultation services.
UHS’s values are Respect & Compassionate Care; Integrity & Service Excellence; Collaboration & Innovative Solutions; & Engagement & Lifelong Learning.
UHS hires individuals of all backgrounds. We build on our staff’s diversity--recognizing, valuing, and appreciating the different perspectives, talents and energy of all. UHS invites all its employees to make a valuable contribution in this regard. We firmly believe that being an inclusive and culturally responsive community is one of the foundations of a vibrant, relevant organization. We aspire to develop the mindsets, knowledge and abilities to build equitable and inclusive systems, teams and culture.
UHS fosters an organization-wide commitment to quality assurance and improvement. Quality within UHS involves attention to elements of both healthcare and total quality. Healthcare quality is operationalized by the Institute of Medicine through a focus on six aims for improving the delivery of care: safe, effective, patient-centered, efficient, timely, and equitable. Total quality is best defined as an attitude, an orientation that permeates an entire organization, and the way in which the organization performs its internal and external business functions. UHS aspires to be an organization where all employees are dedicated to both healthcare and total quality so that our system will ensure that all clients are served well. Therefore, we hire individuals who constantly strive for excellence and support continuous quality efforts in all that they do via actions and attitudes.
As a member of the UHS staff, your job may be deemed “essential” as defined by University and UHS policy. Please ask you supervisor for additional information.
The per diem Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) provides same day and acute concern health care to Princeton undergraduate and graduate students and their eligible dependents. This includes obtaining history, performing physical exams, ordering and interpreting appropriate lab, x-ray, and electrocardiogram studies. The per diem NP or PA performs minor office practice procedures such as suturing, incision & drainage. This position is responsible for charting in an electronic medical record. This is a per diem position. Daily work hours are Mon-Fri, 8:45am -5pm. Candidate will be required to work a minimum of 2-4 morning shifts (9am – 1pm) or afternoon shifts (1pm – 5pm) per week. May be required to work some Saturdays (9am – 4pm).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides outpatient care consistent with UHS policies and procedures and in accordance with NJBME regulations. This includes:
- Taking a history and doing a physical examination
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory tests, ordering and preliminarily interpreting imaging and other diagnostic studies
- Referring to appropriate consultants when indicated
- Performing minor surgical procedures such as simple suturing and incision/drainage when qualified
- Providing timely and appropriate documentation of the above in the electronic medical record, Medicat.
- Assessing psychosocial emotional, spiritual, environmental, biological, behavioral and cultural factors impacting upon patient.
- Participates in outpatient care weekend coverage by rotation with Nurse Practitioners or PA staff members. Occasional evening or weekend hours are required to accommodate student needs. There is the possibility of clinical appointments during early evening hours at times.
- Performs other patient care related responsibilities such as telephone triage, consultation, and referrals to appropriate providers.
- Operates under the auspices of a designated University physician. Chart notes will be countersigned in accordance with NJBME standards.
- Maintains professional standards in the management of confidential information and with regard to relationships and communications with patients, in a manner consistent with NJBME and professional organizations’ standards.
- Seeks only those privileges for which she or he has training and competence
- New Jersey license as a Physician Assistant
- NCCPA Certification
- New Jersey state certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- New Jersey Licensure as a registered professional Nurse.
- Completion of an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner program, preferably MSN program.
NP or PA
- Current CDS and DEA registrations
- CPR and AED certifications
- Ability to maintain professional standards with regard to relationships with patients, in a manner consistent with UHS values, NJBME and professional organizations’ standards
- Ability to maintain professional standards in the management of confidential information and treat interactions with patients as privileged communications.
- Minor surgical skills, including suturing, I&D
- Excellent computer skills, ability to learn the PUHS-specific program, Medicat.
- Must be able to commit to at least 2-4 am or pm sessions a week
- College Health experience
- Recent and minimum of one year emergency room experience
- Training/Experience in the fields of Sports Medicine or Orthopedic care
- Minimum of one year of experience working in women’s healthcare.
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. Your candidate dashboard may not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate’s current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.
Mental Health Clinician Ii, Rutgers University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Mental Health Clinician II Job Category Staff & Executive - Healthcare - Medical and Patient Services Department UBHC-Outpatient Ser...
Adult Psychiatrist, Rutgers University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Adult Psychiatrist Department NJMS-Psychiatry Salary Commensurate With Experience Posting Summary The Department of Psychiatry at Ru...
Staff Nurse Per Diem, Rutgers University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Staff Nurse - Per Diem Job Category Staff & Executive - Healthcare - Nursing Department UBHC-Acute-Nursing Admin Overview Rutgers Un...
Per Diem Healthcare Provider (Multiple Vacancies), Rutgers University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Per Diem Healthcare Provider (Multiple Vacancies) Job Category Staff & Executive - Healthcare - Other Department UBHC-P - Mom2Mom Ov...
Screening Clinician, Rutgers University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Screening Clinician Job Category Staff & Executive - Healthcare - Medical and Patient Services Department UBHC-Acute Psych Svs (Aps)...
Assistant Nurse Manager (Per Diem), Rutgers University, United States, 11 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Nurse Manager (Per Diem) Job Category Staff & Executive - Medical (Clinical) - Nursing Department UBHC-Acute Treatment-PIS...