Temporary Employee, Technology Assistant
Number of Vacancies
01 - University Libraries
Essential Functions (Job Duties)
The Technology Assistant is responsible for assisting users in the Technology Bunker and Vault on a variety of technology needs. Working in the Public Services and Discovery Services Teams under the supervision of the Librarian II who manages both spaces, the Part Time technology assistant supports the integration of innovation to develop new modes of library services using immersive technologies, including 3D printing and design, game design, electronics, and virtual reality. This position works collaboratively with Discovery Services, and a wide range of library units, as well as the Wayne State and Detroit communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists lab users, provide user consultations, workshops, information sessions, and working hands-on with the equipment.
- Monitors emerging technologies with an eye toward applications in educational settings.
- Develops partnerships with students, staff, faculty, and the community to build a network of technology researchers, developers, learners, and organizations and/or committees.
- Creates technology based education, and educational tools based on relevant user insights, research, and testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with a team, and individuals.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Desire to work with, and learn technology.
- At least one year of experience working in a customer service and/or academic environment.
- Personal and/or professional development in technology/computing
- Usability testing, software and technology experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Bachelor degree or some college level coursework
Fiscal Year of Job Open Date
Job Open Date
(When job is posted in the system)
Job Close Date
(or until suitable candidate is found)
Until Suitable Candidate is Found
Is this position reposted?
None (New Posting)
Background Check Requirements
University policy requires certain persons who are offered employment to undergo a background check, including a criminal history check, before starting to work. If you are offered employment, the University will inform you if a background check is required.
Instructions for submitting your application:
submit application via WSU's Online Hiring System
Represented Position Message
Salary (Hire Max)
Is Position Bump Ineligible?
(Non-Academic, Represented positions only. Select 'No' for Academic. Select N/A if Non-represented.)
**NOTE: If 'Yes' is selected, then this is a Bump Ineligible Position (BIP). The person who bids or hires into this 100% grant funded position has no bumping rights upon grant expiration or in a reduction of force.
Talent Gateway Academic Support Student Assistant, University of Michigan, United States, 3 days ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. How to Apply A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. ...
Assistant Registrar, University of Michigan, United States, 10 days ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. Job Summary The Office of the Registrar (RO) is a department under the Office of the Provost. The RO serves to support the academic ...
Research Asst I (Temp), University of Michigan, United States, 11 days ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. Job Summary Attention University of Michigan-Dearborn Students: Work with the Environmental Health Research-to-Action research team t...
Women's Ice Hockey Assistant Coach, University of Michigan, United States, 10 days ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. Job Summary The University of Michigan-Dearborn is seeking an Assistant Women's Ice Hockey Coach. This position will be responsible f...
Research Asst I (Temp), University of Michigan, United States, about 15 hours ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. How to Apply Please email your cover letter and curriculum vitae to: Zhong Xu Liu, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Psychology 4053 CASL ...
Research Asst I (Temp), University of Michigan, United States, 8 days ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. How to Apply Please upload a resume. Job Summary Student Research Assistant to work on a project on sexual harassment and the #MeToo ...