The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
“The Nest” Business Operations plays a critical role within Enrollment Management, impacting ‘Cane Success, Student Financial Assistance and Employment, Marketing, International Student Scholar Services, and Undergraduate Admissions. As part of Enrollment Management, we strive to enhance the student experience. “The Nest” is a fast-paced environment where we facilitate every element of a high-quality student service to create special memories for students and families from around the world. All team members are part of a global team to provide efficient, friendly and personalized services that ensure our guests enjoy every part of their visit to UM. Their work helps fill every corner of “The Nest” with exceptional detail to each guest's experience. We want every single guest to leave the Nest feeling Warm and Fuzzy inside!
- Greets customers, determines nature and purpose of visit, directs or escorts guests to their specific destination
- Attentively resolve issues from internal or external customers.
- Prepares outgoing mail and sorts/distributes incoming mail for all departments.
- Communicates with Facilities regarding issues tied to office maintenance.
- Stocks and prepares greeting area to ensure promotional literature is stocked and in order in respective areas of the Nest, as well as make sure the front desk has clerical supplies.
- Triages phone calls, schedules appointments and conference rooms, and timely transmits information, messages, or documents for all areas: ‘Cane Success, Student Financial Assistance and Employment, Marketing, International Student Scholar Services, and Undergraduate Admissions.
- Provides support to business operations functions within department.
- Enters and keeps inventory/track of office and break room supplies and equipment.
- Enters PO requests in Ariba and logs and delivers deposits to Student Accounts.
- Files/scans and maintain records and logs for all departments.
- Refers to policy and guidelines established by the Enrollment Management Departments to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Provides information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Refers non-routine questions and inquiries to the area supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills, organizational and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of MS Suite (Work, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Six (6) months to two (2) years of experience.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
Apply online. Requisition#: R100017191
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!
Audiovisual Technician, Johnson & Wales University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Position Information Requisition Number 4018 Job Title Audiovisual Technician Department N Miami-Information Technology Campus North Miami, FL Summary Coordinates the implementation, installation ...
Receptionist, Keiser University, United States, 2 days ago
Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body. The main campus is ...