Job TitleTEES Research Engineer III
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentBush Combat Development Complex
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The George H.W. Bush Combat Development Complex (BCDC) and Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) invite applications for a full-time Research Engineer in robotics.
Under general supervision, the Research Engineer III evaluates, selects, and applies scientific or engineering research techniques, procedures, and criteria to make substantial adaptations and modifications to research assignments. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Uses a wide application of complex principles, theories and concepts in field of expertise. Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires in-depth evaluation of identifiable factors.
The BCDC - located on the 2,000-acre RELLIS Campus in Bryan, TX - is an ecosystem for agile technology development and service-member-inspired research. The BCDC is the result of a partnership between U.S. Department of Defense, The Texas A&M University System, TEES and the State of Texas. The $200 million complex is designed to bring together researchers from U.S. universities, the military and the private sector for collaboration, demonstrations, and high-tech testing of initiatives to help accelerate military innovation for our nation’s defense.
- Plans and conducts engineering research requiring independent judgement in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering and scientific techniques.
- Manages significant projects which may require the use of sophisticated project planning techniques.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the work of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Designs, analyzes, builds, and tests special-purpose equipment and/or instrumentation for research purposes in robotics.
- Applies an analytical approach toward development of a solution of a variety of problems.
- Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of engineering methods, research protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation.
- Designs and performs engineering experiments, tests, and data collection to ensure data integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance.
- Coordinates activities of engineering functions and encourages interchange of information, ideas, and techniques among various engineering fields.
- Reviews and evaluates results and conclusions of research projects.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Identifies grant/project extensions and persuade customers/grantors to fund; impacts customer decisions and strategies. May initiate new project concepts and seek funding; develops technical proposals and makes presentations to potential customers/grant sponsors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technological developments, equipment, system and/or trends in robotics.
- Knowledge of engineering and/or scientific research principles, practices, and protocols.
- Knowledge of computer-aided drafting techniques, and design, including Solidworks.
- Knowledge of electronics, PCB design and Altium design software.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Ability to design, organize, and coordinate scientific and/or engineering research projects.
- Ability to conduct systematic analysis and develop solutions to scientific problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Assistant Chief Financial Officer Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst. Vice Chancellor/Cfo Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Center Operations Specialist, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Center Operations Specialist Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Chief Operating Officer Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job D...
Tees Senior Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 23 days ago
Job Title TEES Senior Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Electrical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job...
Human Resources Specialist Ii Recruiting & Engagement, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 4 days ago
Job Title Human Resources Specialist II - Recruiting & Engagement Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Stat...
Reactor Facilities Program Specialist, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 25 days ago
Job Title Reactor Facilities Program Specialist Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Nuclear Engineering and Science Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Te...
Web Applications Developer Ii, TTI, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Web Applications Developer II Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Communications Division (Web & Software Services) Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bry...