Job TitleTEES Research Engineer I
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentBush Combat Development Complex
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The George H.W. Bush Combat Development Complex (BCDC) and Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) invite applications for a full-time Research Engineer in robotics.
Under general supervision, the Research Engineer I evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering research techniques, procedures, and criteria to make minor adaptations and modifications to research assignments. Performs engineering research involving conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment. Works with research team to devise new approaches to problems encountered.
The BCDC - located on the 2,000-acre RELLIS Campus in Bryan, TX - is an ecosystem for agile technology development and service-member-inspired research. The BCDC is the result of a partnership between U.S. Department of Defense, The Texas A&M University System, TEES and the State of Texas. The $200 million complex is designed to bring together researchers from U.S. universities, the military and the private sector for collaboration, demonstrations, and high-tech testing of initiatives to help accelerate military innovation for our nation’s defense.
- Plans and conducts engineering research requiring independent judgement in the selection, and minor adaptation and modification of standard engineering and scientific techniques.
- Designs, analyzes, builds, and tests special-purpose equipment and/or instrumentation for research purposes in robotics.
- Performs research assignments involving conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment which may involve complex functions or features.
- Applies an analytical approach to assist with development of a solution to of a variety of problems.
- Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of engineering methods, research protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation.
- Designs and performs engineering experiments, tests, and data collection to ensure data integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance.
- Coordinates activities of engineering functions and encourages interchange of information, ideas, and techniques among various engineering fields.
- Reviews and evaluates results and conclusions of research projects.
- Other duties as assigned.'
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- No experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technological developments, equipment, system and/or trends in robotics.
- Knowledge of engineering and/or scientific research principles, practices, and protocols.
- Knowledge of computer-aided drafting techniques, and design, including Solidworks.
- Knowledge of electronics, PCB design and Altium design software.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Ability to design, organize, and coordinate scientific and/or engineering research projects.
- Ability to conduct systematic analysis and develop solutions to scientific problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Assistant Chief Financial Officer Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst. Vice Chancellor/Cfo Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Tees Senior Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title TEES Senior Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Electrical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job...
Reactor Facilities Program Specialist, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 18 days ago
Job Title Reactor Facilities Program Specialist Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Nuclear Engineering and Science Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Te...
Human Resources Specialist Ii Recruiting & Engagement, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Human Resources Specialist II - Recruiting & Engagement Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Stat...
Program Specialist I Event Venues, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Program Specialist I - Event Venues Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Events and Donor Relations Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type S...
Accountability, Climate, Equity & Scholarship (Aces) Assistant Professor College Of Arts & Sciences, Texas A&M University, Department of Anthropology, United States, 1 day ago
Texas A&M University’s Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship (ACES) Faculty Fellows Program is a faculty hiring program that connects early career faculty advancing outstanding scholars...