Job TitleTEES Research Engineer I
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The position is part of the TEES Smart Grid Center. This position provides support for all activities in fully setting up the features of the Control Room Lab at the CIR building located in the Texas A&M University Systems (TAMUS), RELLIS Campus.
- Conduct research and development relating to technical and computer systems. Example activities can include, but are not limited to: (1) configuring and operating a commercial-grade energy management system (EMS), (2) Helping develop a next-generation integrated cyber-physical EMS, (3) conducting power system simulations and studies, (4) setting up and maintaining programmable logic controllers (PLCs), (5) writing computer programs to automate processes and tasks
- Coordinating and helping execute engineering professional development and continuing education short courses
- Performs technical administrative and managerial duties to maintain lab systems and ensure the smooth operation of the daily functionality of Lab operations. This includes the following examples: (1) maintain inventory of Lab assets including hardware, software licenses, and server infrastructure; (2) configure and manage virtual machines (VMs) and virtual local area networks (VLANs) used for research; (3) strategically coordinate between IT personnel and locations to manage Lab network and communication issues, as well as to develop data backups and recovery strategies in accordance with the TEES continuity document plan; (4) oversee credential management system for computers and systems in the lab; (5) maintain and improve interfaces between Lab systems; (5) help to effectively schedule faculty/research engineer/student Lab resource usage; (6) help document Lab processes and implementation.
- Coordinates with the CIR building director, Smart Grid Center faculty and staff, and the research teams to prepare and support the Lab operation for hosting events that may include the following examples: visitor tours, demos, training courses, or outreach programs.
- Performs regular technical assessment of control room infrastructure and works with purchase team to acquire new equipment, ensure updates, and ensure functional operation of training/display room computers.
- Interfaces with research development teams to suggest and adopt improvements, such as (1) assist in research programming to Smart Grid Center faculty and staff, and (2) assign duties and supervise undergraduate students or staff working in the Lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- No experience.
- Server and system administration
- Object oriented programming
- Web programming
- UI programming
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and problem-solving, requirement assessment and analysis, project management methodology, context and interrelationships
- Ability work cooperatively with others
- Computer networking
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Administrative Associate Iv, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Associate IV Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Center For Infrastructure Renewal Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type St...
Tees Research Engineer I Integrated Network Autonomy, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer I - Integrated Network Autonomy Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College S...
Tees Senior Research Engineer I Integrated Networked Autonomy, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title TEES Senior Research Engineer I - Integrated Networked Autonomy Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Bush Combat Development Complex Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location ...
Business Coordinator Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Business Coordinator III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Epo Asst. Dean For Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Administrative Coordinator Ii, Texas A&M University System, United States, about 4 hours ago
Job Title Administrative Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job De...
Program Manager, Texas A&M University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Job Title Program Manager Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Workforce Development Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description The ...