Job TitleTEES Research Engineer I - Computational Fluid Dynamics
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentBush Combat Development Complex
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The George H.W. Bush Combat Development Complex (BCDC) and Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) invite applications for a full-time Research Engineer in the focus area of experimental hypersonics. The successful applicant will apply advanced knowledge of scientific research or engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields; devise new approaches to problems encountered; use a wide application of complex principles, theories and concepts in the specific field or fields; work on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors; and act as a principal investigator on various projects. This position will provide subject matter expertise and direct support for hypersonics experimental testing within the National Aerothermochemistry and Hypersonics Laboratory (NAL) and the Ballistic, Aero-Optics and Materials (BAM) Range.
The BCDC - located on the 2,000-acre RELLIS Campus in Bryan, TX - is an ecosystem for agile technology development and service-member-inspired research. The BCDC is the result of a partnership between the U.S. Army Futures Command and The Texas A&M University System, TEES and the State of Texas. The $200 million complex is designed to bring together researchers from U.S. universities, the military and the private sector for collaboration, demonstrations, and high-tech testing of initiatives to help accelerate military innovation for our nation’s defense.
- Carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved research or engineering techniques and procedures of interest to the Department of Defense or defense industrial base. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods and approaches.
- Participates in team research activities involving faculty, professional staff, and students.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities.
- Plays a key role in the acquisition of research funding; identifies sources of new contract funding and directs/participates in research proposal preparation and presentation.
- Develops technical reports and presentations, and presents results of research projects to internal and external stakeholders.
- Acts as key contributor on peer reviewed journal articles, papers, and/or presentations.
- Provides ideas to improve organizational efficiency at all levels of the unit/department.
- Participates in external seminars, workshops, professional societies, and committees.
- Interpret and analyze test data from complimentary experiments.
- Perform computational aerodynamic analysis for various systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- No experience
- Experience in computational high-speed aerothermodynamics and fluid mechanics, including shock/boundary layer interactions, aerothermochemistry, aerodynamic performance, fluid structure interactions, flow control, and hypersonic system performance.
- Experience using a CAD software (SolidWorks, etc.)
- Experience with bash or shell scripting to automate/optimize workflow
- Experience in applied research and development
- Experience in aiding in proposal writing.
- Experience in executing research projects.
- Experience using a compiled programming language (Fortran, C++, etc.)
- Experience in MATLAB or Python a plus
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience including mesh generation and production of base flows using high-fidelity CFD software (GASP, DPLR, ANSYS FLUENT, STAR-CCM+, US3D, OpenFOAM, Overflow, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information clearly and effectively through informal and formal documents, reports, and presentations to senior management.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
- Familiarity with principles of Agile project management and technology development.
- Technical background in fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and aerodynamic analysis.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Research Specialist Ii Network Engineer, Texas A&M University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Job Title Research Specialist II - Network Engineer Agency Texas A&M University Department Telecommunications Academy Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job T...
Contract Negotiator I Or Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Contract Negotiator I or II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Contracts Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description...
Tees Research Engineer Iv, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title TEES Research Engineer IV Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Electrical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descr...
Business Coordinator Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Business Coordinator II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Epo Asst. Dean For Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Des...
Business Administrator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Business Administrator I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Fiscal Office Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descriptio...
Communications Specialist Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Communications Specialist II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Communications Group Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type St...