Job TitleTEES Principal Research Engineer II
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station is a state agency that solves problems through applied engineering research and development in collaboration with industry, government, and academia. It commercializes the resulting technologies and trains the professional workforce. TEES serves industry, government, academia, and the public.
TEES Center Operations supports and coordinates the network of TEES Centers to successfully execute the TEES mission and its goals through business development, strategic planning, and operations.
The overarching goal is to help TEES centers grow and to become internationally recognized research leaders and to help them to maximize funding opportunities from industry, and government and NGOs. Operations support includes analysis of operations, project management, administrative support, collaboration support, business development and marketing support.
- Support and coordinate the network of TEES Centers to successfully execute the TEES mission and its goals through business development, strategic planning, and operations in accordance with the mission of TEES, and the rules and policies of the Texas A&M University System and TEES. Develop, lead, and/or execute projects from identification proposal, capture, startup, and execution. Business development activities include opportunity identification, analysis, and selection. Lead and develop proposals including proposal strategy, writing, and coordinating proposal volumes, and developing plans, budgets, and schedule. Examine, analyze, and evaluate TEES center operations, resources, markets, opportunities, and performance. Support marketing, business & sustainability planning including identifying new market, funding, and communications opportunities in accordance with the TEES strategic plan. (40%)
- Foster communications and collaborations between TEES centers and faculty and other TEES centers and system elements. (10%)
- Assist TEES management and TEES centers in developing center performance measures and growth plans. (10%)
- Coordinate IT, marketing, financial services, administrative support services and other TEES resource support. (30%)
- Other responsibilities as specified by the director of center operations. (10%)
- Ph D degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fourteen years of related experience.
- Degree in offshore engineering, engineering in an energy-related field, technical program or project management, executive management, or technical business development.
- Experience in industry and academia.
- Progressive, successful experience and demonstrable accomplishments in R&D, workforce development and/or technology commercialization leadership, execution, and management.
- Progressive, successful experience and demonstrable accomplishments in business development, opportunity identiﬁcation and exploitation, marketing, and proposal development and execution.
- Experience in management of an R&D or engineering organization or agency in industry, government, or academia.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exhibits strong leadership skills and extensive experience in technical program management in a related industry.
- Exhibits the ability to combine business knowledge with technological expertise to develop and capture new projects.
- Possesses strong operations skills including analysis, administrative, problem-solving, and management skills.
- Skill in project development planning and providing leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide variety of professionals and report to senior managers.
- Demonstrated ability to create and evaluate performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact and communicate with existing and potential clients.
Preferred Licenses, Certificates, and Registrations:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Contract Negotiator I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Contract Negotiator I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Tees Contracts Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description The C...
Senior Business Administrator, TAMHSC, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Senior Business Administrator Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department College Of Medicine Business Affairs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, T...
Business Associate Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Business Associate II Agency Texas A&M University Department Chemistry Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Our Commitm...
Director, Texas A&M Global Cyber Research Institute, Texas A&M University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Director, Texas A&M Global Cyber Research Institute Agency Texas A&M University Department Vice Pres For Research Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas...
Program Manager, Texas A&M University, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title Program Manager Agency Texas A&M University Department Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Executive Director Of Marketing And Communications, Texas A&M University, United States, about 10 hours ago
Job Title Executive Director of Marketing and Communications Agency Texas A&M University Department Dean Of Business Administration Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Statio...