Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The primary focus of the Technology Transfer and Contract Specialist (TTCS) will be to negotiate and implement various agreements, to include confidential disclosure agreement, material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, inter-institutional agreements, term sheets and licenses between Einstein and academic and commercial entities. The T TCS will participate in marketing Einstein intellectual property to potential commercial partners. The TCS will track agreement compliance including reporting obligations, due diligence and payment obligations. The TCS will work closely with the Office of Biotechnology and Business Development staff, external and internal legal counsel, business office and the academic community.
- Negotiate industry-sponsored research agreements;
- Negotiate collaboration agreements with academic institutions and industry.
- Negotiate research tool licenses;
- Oversee, as well as, negotiate, process, and manage Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs), Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs), and Inter-Institutional Agreements (IIAs);
- Agreement Compliance: Oversight of tracking and follow-up on licensees’ obligations to Einstein, including reporting obligations, due diligence and payment obligations;
- Create and update MS Excel sheets for tracking the status of in-progress agreements and negotiations including key details and contact information;
- Patent Committee: Assist the Assistant Director in the Office’s interactions with and on behalf of Patent Committee. Activities include: preliminary review of new invention disclosures for completeness, possible third-party obligations, and time sensitivities; prepare commercial assessment analysis for new invention disclosures, and follow-up with inventors and patent counsel as warranted;
- Identify potential commercial partners for Einstein intellectual property;
- Develop intellectual property marketing materials and distribute to potential commercial partners, including life-sciences entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, biotechnology companies and big pharma;
- Execute special projects as assigned by the Assistant Dean including support for licensing activities/negotiations, relationships with industry, and other matters as they arise.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY FULL TIME POSITION UNTIL THE END OF DECEMBER 2017.
An advanced degree in the life sciences or biotechnology and experience in technology transfer preferred. Bachelors’ degree with a major in the life sciences or biotechnology required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
] Extension Associate, , United States, about 19 hours ago
EXTENSION ASSOCIATE Process Authority and Outreach for the Cornell Food Venture Center New York Office (CFVC@NYC) CORNELL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND LIFE SCIENCES DEPARTMENT OF FOOD SCI...
Analyst (Operations), Columbia University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Analyst (Operations) Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 091179 Department 1416- IMC Columbia Investment Mgt Co Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit...
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 1 day ago
Requisition Number: 0008371 Field(s) of Specialization: Materials Science & Engineering Research Position Title: Associate Research Scientist Department: 5210- ENG Appl Physics & Appl Math Departm...
] Managing Director Of School Of Integrated Plant Science Strategic Partnerships , , United States, 2 days ago
POSITION TITLE: Senior Extension Associate WORKING TITLE: Managing Director of SIPS Strategic Partnerships TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Business Development and Partnershi...
Contracts Officer Ii, Business Services, Columbia University, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title Contracts Officer II, Business Services Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 091059 Department 1411- PRC Procurement Svcs Location Manhattanville Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bar...
Administrative Assistant To The Vp For Academic Affairs, Clinton Community College, United States, about 21 hours ago
Under the direction of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and individual leadership in the daily operation of the Academic Affairs...