Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The Information Technology Support Analyst will serve as a liaison between Information Technology Services and assigned College departments, classrooms and labs on matters relating to technology support and planning. Provides analysis and problem solving, technical assistance and support coordination to clients within the College’s departments, classrooms and labs for hardware, software, network and related application systems, multimedia events and peripheral devices; interacts with and coordinates appropriate support activities between ITS teams and clients; makes decisions based upon independent judgment to resolve a range of complex technical problems; identify trends, recommend solutions and resources. Multiple positions are available for this role.
- Functions as the key contact for all requests from a broad range of users for technology service support at a designated College location; Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing to convey complex technical information to clients over the phone, via email and/or in-person;
- Prioritizes, documents and appropriately escalates issues to assure timely problem resolution. Analyzes and researches issues, determines most effective problem resolution procedures; suggests, evaluates, tests and implements solutions;
- Coordinates and interacts with other ITS teams and functions as a liaison between ITS and users to communicate end-user needs and ensure effective solutions are implemented;
- Reviews client’s requirements and needs for computer hardware, software, network issues, multimedia events, and peripheral equipment; researches, analyzes and provides information and guidance to clients; advises and assists with recommendations to departmental management and ITS
- Analyzes and plans technical support based upon interactions with ITS teams; documents support plans and establishes implementation schedules; manages project from implementation to completion, including training;
- Analyzes and resolves computer hardware, software, network issues, repairs user workstations; modifies configurations; replaces faulty components and rebuilds systems on a variety of platforms; perform scheduled and emergency installations;
- Performs equipment relocation services resulting from departmental moves and/or newly constructed offices, classrooms or labs;
- Ability to diagnose and repair research instrumentation systems that are unique to specialized research; support of scientific research data acquisition hardware such as gel documentations and spectrophotometry and microscopy systems
- Maintains records of interactions with clients and documents recurring, difficult or complex problems; identifies trends, recommends solutions and resources;
- Document standard operating procedures for development of knowledge database used by end users for more effective customer service
- Actively participates in departmental meetings to discuss and resolve client’s issues and implement new projects;
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of related experience and relevant computer related technical training is required. An equivalent combination of education and prior related experience will also be considered.
Skills and Competencies
- In depth knowledge of desktop and technical support systems; knowledge of desktop, laptop mobile, hardware and supported vendor
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups;
- Expert knowledge of imaging, deploying and managing Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe and other products in a networked environment;
- Expert knowledge in PC/MAC hardware replacement and repair, enterprise workstation deployment and configuration, troubleshooting network connectivity issues, configuration of networked printers and other peripherals;
- Knowledge of scientific research data acquisition hardware such as gel documentations and spectrophotometry and microscopy systems
- A+ and Linux certification preferred;
- Experience with and ability to train on wireless video conferencing systems including Zoom and Creston;
- Working knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting of desktop email clients, mobile devices, web browsers and antivirus software;
- Working knowledge of educational applications;
- Working knowledge of Active Directory;
- Working knowledge of networking basics (e.g., tcp/ip, dhcp, dns)
- Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot and document issues;
- Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion;
- Ability to work independently and in consultation with supervisor to resolve complex problems;
- Experience with and ability to work on a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, students and employees;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Effectively manages own time and resources;
- Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems.
Desktop Support Technician, Berkeley College, United States, about 7 hours ago
Berkeley College is currently seeking a Desktop Support Technician for the Paramus Campus. Duties include, but will not be limited to: • Resolve all break/fix issues and requests logged and assign...
Sr. Systems Administrator, Columbia University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Sr. Systems Administrator Job Code Title Sr. Systems Administrator Job Requisition Number 091231 Department 5214- ENG Electrical Engineering Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Ti...
Systems Engineer, Information Technology Group, Columbia University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title Systems Engineer, Information Technology Group Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 091244 Department 5102- BUS School Administration Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Re...
Librarian / Systems And Electronic Services, Clinton Community College, United States, about 20 hours ago
Clinton Community College, a member of the State University of New York, is a progressive community college with a stunning location on the shores of Lake Champlain. The College plays a unique rol...
] Ocean And Marine Outreach Coordinator (Extension Associate – New York Sea Grant); Stony Brook, New York , , United States, about 18 hours ago
New York Sea Grant (NYSG), a cooperative program of the State University of New York (SUNY) and Cornell University, is part of a national network of 33 university-based state sea grant programs th...
Systems Coordinator, Columbia University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Systems Coordinator Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 090894 Department 5002- ARH Administration Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If temporary...