Job TitleTechnologist II
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentBush Combat Development Complex
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The George H.W. Bush Combat Development Complex (BCDC) and Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) invite applications for a full-time Technologist in robotics.
The Technologist will work with Faculty, Research Engineers, Students and Staff to design, develop, test and deliver robotic systems. TEES will consider individuals with demonstrated expertise and experience in robotics, automation, and mechatronics. Complementary skills in machine design, ROS software, controls, simulation, dynamics, manipulation, mobility, perception and autonomy architectures are desired. This is a national security sensitive position and applicants must be US citizens and must meet the necessary qualifications to be considered for the position.
The BCDC - located on the 2,000-acre RELLIS Campus in Bryan, TX - is an ecosystem for agile technology development and service-member-inspired research. The BCDC is the result of a partnership between U.S. Department of Defense, The Texas A&M University System, TEES and the State of Texas. The $200 million complex is designed to bring together researchers from U.S. universities, the military and the private sector for collaboration, demonstrations, and high-tech testing of initiatives to help accelerate military innovation for our nation’s defense.
Under general direction, the Technologist II uses principles and theories of engineering, math, and science to solve technical problems in robotics engineering activities or research. Project assignments require initiative and independent judgment. Elements of robots under design and development will be assigned to the Technologist for completion.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems in robotics.
- Utilizes established engineering principles in the design and evaluation of engineering components.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Create and interpret software, technical drawings and schematics.
- Performs technical research and gathers data needed by engineers to solve technical problems and recommend actions.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer-aided drafting techniques, and design, including Solidworks.
- Knowledge of electronics, PCB design and Altium design software.
- Basic knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work cooperatively with others.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Assistant Chief Financial Officer Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst. Vice Chancellor/Cfo Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Human Resources Specialist Ii Recruiting & Engagement, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Human Resources Specialist II - Recruiting & Engagement Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Engineering Human Resources Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Stat...
Program Specialist Ii 2 Cwdg, Texas A&M Forest Service, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Program Specialist II-2 CWDG Agency Texas A&M Forest Service Department Mitigation & Prevention Department Proposed Minimum Salary $3,833.33 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas J...
Tees Senior Research Engineer I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title TEES Senior Research Engineer I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Electrical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job...
Reactor Facilities Program Specialist, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 18 days ago
Job Title Reactor Facilities Program Specialist Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Nuclear Engineering and Science Center Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Te...
Web Applications Developer Ii, TTI, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Web Applications Developer II Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Communications Division (Web & Software Services) Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bry...