Job TitleTechnician I
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentZachry Common Labs
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Laboratory Technician I, under general supervision, performs a variety of clearly-defined technical functions that support teaching and research operation in Zachry Common Labs. General areas of focus include: electronics and electrical systems, control systems, fluid and mechanical processes (e.g. pumps, blowers, heat exchangers) and materials science. Technician will work as part of a team and their specific area of focus will complement the group expertise.
- Pursue an assigned series of processes, procedures, or area of research/work in accordance with general approved plans and procedures.
- Conduct experiments and technical procedures. Use computer equipment for controlling equipment and compiling data.
- Collect and record observations and measurements, including SDS and calibration.
- Assist in planning and supervision of technical operations, including supervision of student workers.
- Setup, organize, and maintain laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Troubleshoot and repair laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Construct, assemble, operate and modify scientific laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Assist lab users involved in a series of controlled environment or analysis experiments.
- Basic chemical handling, storage, and disposal.
- Instruct and train lab users on appropriate safety procedures.
- Interact daily with faculty, students and staff in a diverse learning environment.
- Maintain facility and common areas.
- Assist lab manager with daily duties as directed.
- Basic chemical handling, storage, and disposal
- Possible weekend, evenings, and shift work
- Must comply with lab safety PPE requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or any equivalent combination of training and experience. (High School Diploma with 4 years of related experience or Associates Degree with 2 years of related experience)
- No experience.
- Experience in field and bench electronics repair.
- Experience in power systems, including three phase power.
- Experience in control systems, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic.
- Experience with data acquisition systems.
- Experience using engineering software, cad software, etc.
- Experience with mechanical system (pumps, blowers, compressors, heat exchangers).
- Experience with materials testing and materials characterization.
- Experience in scientific research, operational, managerial or experimental work.
- Experience evaluating and implementing lab safety requirements.
- Experience chemical handling, storage, and disposal
- Experience working with diverse groups of customers.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Assistant Professor Healthcare/Medical Packaging, Clemson University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Assistant Professor - Healthcare/Medical Packaging Clemson University: College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences: Food, Nutrition & Packaging Sciences Location 237 Poole Ag Center, Clemso...
Environmental Health And Safety Specialist I, TAMHSC, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Environmental Health and Safety Specialist I Agency Texas A&M University Department Environmental Health & Safety Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas...
Temporary Marine Technician, Texas A&M University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title Temporary Marine Technician Agency Texas A&M University Department International Ocean Discovery Program Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location , Job Type Temporary/Casual Sta...
Agency Instructor I Rescue, Texas A&M University System, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Agency Instructor I - Rescue Agency Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service Department Emergency Services Training Institute Proposed Minimum Salary $5,416.67 monthly Job Location Colleg...
Agency Instructor I Hazmat, Texas A&M University System, United States, 3 days ago
Job Title Agency Instructor I - Hazmat Agency Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service Department Emergency Services Training Institute Proposed Minimum Salary $5,416.67 monthly Job Location Colleg...
Research Associate, Texas A&M University, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Research Associate Agency Texas A&M University Department Cyclotron Institute Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Our ...