- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: SSA
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range: 46,226.44
The Technician B will perform research requiring excellent application of professional judgment, interpretation of experimental results and collaboration with other lab members. Qualified candidates will have a strong background in molecular/cellular biology and experience with in vivo animal studies and handling of animals. In addition, competitive candidates will be proficient with molecular cloning, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, metabolomics, and a wide spectrum of molecular, biochemical, and cellular assays. Excellent written and communication skills, ability to effectively collaborate with fellow scientists, and execute tasks in a timely manner are highly desired. This position offers the motivated technician an opportunity to participate in project-based research, as well as authorship on a manuscript.
The incumbent will perform molecular, cell biology and genetic studies in both in vitro and in vivo cancer models. DNA and RNA preparation, PCR, recombinant DNA cloning, gel electrophoresis, Western blots and tissue culture;
· Oversight and maintenance of mouse colony. Work with and handling research animals.
· Assist lab staff with animal surgeries, dissections, tissues sectioning, immunohistochemistry, and related work.
· Data analysis, identification of methodological problems in research protocols.
· Operate and help maintain common lab equipment.
· Assist in general lab organization and inventories maintenance.
· Generate and present written or oral progress reports, including assembly, organization, and interpretation of data.
Additional responsibilities pertain to laboratory safety, organizing supplies, research reagents, equipment maintenance, monitoring and ordering lab supplies and other related duties as required.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Computer skills a must (word/excel).
- Good interpersonal communications skills are required.
- It may be necessary to work late on occasion to complete experiments.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience with mouse models, in vivo drug administration, cell biology assays e.g. flow cytometry, and/or molecular biology techniques is desired.
- 0-6 months laboratory experience.
- Previous experience in 3D cell culture, and/or project management is desired, but not required.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment
· Make sound decisions based on knowledge and experience.
· Prior experience working with mice in a research setting
· Able to learn complex tasks with general instruction, and to use experience to perform a variety of new techniques
· Generate presentations.
· Ability to review data and information critically.
· Conduct literature reviews to determine suitable research methods.
· Assist the PI with writing of protocols.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Research Technician Littman Lab, HHMI, United States, 2 days ago
Primary Work Address: NYU Medical Center, New York, NY, 10016-6481 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a dynamic, driven, and curious...
Laboratory Manager Littman Lab, HHMI, United States, 2 days ago
Primary Work Address: NYU Medical Center, New York, NY, 10016-6481 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and...
Lecturer (Department Of Microbiology); Ithaca, New York, Microbiology/CALS, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Microbiology/CALS -LECTURER [#18556, WDR-00025716] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Microbiol...
Lecturer (Department Of Microbiology); Ithaca, New York, Cornell University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Lecturer (Department of Microbiology); Ithaca, New York Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all...
Ace: Biology Member – Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge, Nj, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge, United States, about 12 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife RefugeLocationEdwin B. Forsythe Nationa...
Fmb Staff Scientist, CLASSE, United States, about 6 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -CLASSE -FMB [#18579] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Engineering / Biology , Mechani...