- Job Type: Support Staff - Union
- Bargaining Unit: SSA
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
A Technician A position is available in Dr. Lei Ding’s laboratory in the Columbia Stem Cell Initiative and the Department of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine.
The laboratory investigates the fundamental mechanisms that regulate stem cell self-renewal, particularly how stem cell microenvironment regulates stem cell self-renewal using mouse blood-forming stem cells as a system. We strive to create a stimulatory environment that is both fun and rewarding. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain essential knowledge and learn some of the cutting-edge technology in stem cell research.
This position involves lab maintenance and participation in research under direct supervision by the principle investigator or senior lab members. This includes:
- Ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies
- Maintaining and operating laboratory equipment
- Management of mouse colonies and genotyping
- Preparation of biological tissue specimen
- Molecular cloning
- Flow cytometry
- Other related duties necessary to the functioning of the laboratory
- Requires an Associate’s degree in chemistry, biology, physics or related science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Willing to work some weekend hours.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prioritize, work independently and as a team member, exercise sound judgment and discretion, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and the ability to work under pressure, are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience in mouse colony management is preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and research/writing skills.
- Laboratory experience with molecular biology.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to perform work in an organized manner in accordance with safety regulations and standard protocols. Ability to communicate with other members in the laboratory, and work both as a team member and with some independence is a must.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Laboratory Manager Littman Lab, HHMI, United States, 2 days ago
Primary Work Address: NYU Medical Center, New York, NY, 10016-6481 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and...
Research Technician Littman Lab, HHMI, United States, 2 days ago
Primary Work Address: NYU Medical Center, New York, NY, 10016-6481 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a dynamic, driven, and curious...
Lecturer (Department Of Microbiology); Ithaca, New York, Cornell University, United States, 1 day ago
Lecturer (Department of Microbiology); Ithaca, New York Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all...
Lecturer (Department Of Microbiology); Ithaca, New York, Microbiology/CALS, United States, about 14 hours ago
Position ID:Cornell -Microbiology/CALS -LECTURER [#18556, WDR-00025716] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Microbiol...
4 H Youth Development Educator Watertown, Ny, Cornell University, United States, about 9 hours ago
This position will serve as a 4-H Youth Development Educator for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County and will implement 4-H Youth Development programming on Fort Drum wit...
Controller, Bergen Community College, United States, about 13 hours ago
Controller Posting date: April 26, 2021 College Overview Bergen Community College is an award-winning, comprehensive community college. More students graduate with associate degrees and certificat...