Technology Services Finance
Job Posting Title
Technical Training Coordinator - Office of Technology Services
Position Summary: The Technical Training Coordinator is a full-time, 12-month position reporting to the Fiscal and Business Specialist in the Office of Technology Services. The Technical Training Coordinator is responsible for managing, designing, developing, and coordinating technical training for FHSU faculty, staff, and students on a wide range of administrative systems and software applications used by FHSU.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience providing technical training and/or application specific end-user support
- Experience using and/or training in Workday ERP. Preferred proficiency in one or more Workday modules including HCM/Payroll/Finance/Student
- Experience providing technical training in both organized large group settings, as well as individualized settings
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Office 365 software suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, OneDrive, OneNote, etc.)
- Experience with event coordination including all related planning, management, and logistics
- Ability to learn quickly, self-train, and explore new technologies, applications, and software. Adapt easily to changes in technologies and user interface design
- Ability to successfully train, develop, and communicate to a wide variety of end users with differing levels of technology skills using effective communication strategies
- Experience creating and developing training course materials including handouts, guides, online materials and tutorials (videos, webpages, etc.) and other complementary training resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to handle changing priorities and meet project deadlines
- Exhibit strong work ethic, self-motivation, and professionalism with a desire to improve customer service and successfully deliver quality training programs to FHSU constituents
Appointment Date: June 2019
Application Deadline: Priority Deadline is May 1, 2019. Review of applications will begin after the deadline and continue until the position is filled.
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Partner with Workday functional leads and departments to develop, coordinate, and provide comprehensive Workday training to faculty, staff, and students. Combine both Workday provided training course materials, as well as develop FHSU materials, to create customized FHSU Workday training resources, specific to FHSU’s configuration. Deliver training for employees on Workday HCM, Payroll, Finance and Student modules. Develop customized Workday training resources for FHSU students. Provide and update all training resources as required when new modules are deployed or when changes to existing processes within Workday are made.
- Design, develop, coordinate, and implement a training program and process for providing technical training to new FHSU employees. Incorporate a process to determine each employee’s technical training requirements and customize a technical training path and curriculum. The technical training coordinator will facilitate and provide the majority of technical training to new FHSU employees.
- Develop and provide multiple training options for technical training resources. Various learning mediums should be explored and developed including traditional lecture style, as well as open labs, workshops, video tutorials, Zoom webinars, etc. Seek feedback from trainees and adapt and refine training resources and materials accordingly.
- Partner with departments and units on campus to organize and host campus-wide technical training events.
- Develop and deliver ongoing scheduled training sessions (monthly, quarterly, or yearly) as deemed appropriate for the following frequently used software/applications: Microsoft Outlook for Email and Calendaring (desktop and OWA), Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, and others as requested.
- Partner with technical leads and/or departments to offer training on specialized technical systems and FHSU applications including 25Live room reservation system, campus VOIP phone system, TigerTracks/TigerEnroll/TigerCentral, Sharepoint Workflow forms, Image Now, and other university systems.
- Develop and offer training resources for various other technical software systems and processes including connecting to campus networks and VPN, using Duo two-factor authentication, submitting technical support tickets, and other general technology needs.
- Work with new system/software implementation project teams and assist with providing end user training of newly implemented systems/software.
- Use appropriate communication tools to effectively transfer knowledge and concepts to trainees.
- Provide telephone, face-to-face, and email support to resolve support tickets regarding FHSU software and administrative applications.
- Organize and produce marketing materials for training events. Utilize email, social media, video, web, and various other platforms to market and advertise training to FHSU constituents.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating training materials on the FHSU website.
- Utilize survey tools and data analytics and reporting to gather and analyze feedback from trainees, and identify training needs and opportunities to make process and course offering improvements.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
ABOUT HAYS, KS
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.
Budget Analyst, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 2 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Budget Analyst Classification Title Budget Analyst Position Number 01203341 Hours Per Week 40 Department School of Medicine-Exec Dean Campus Loca...
Controller, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 19 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Controller oversees and ensures timely and accurate financial reporting, budget development and financial analysis for the University. The Controller is respo...
Director Of Advising And Learning Enhancement, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 19 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Director of Student Advising and Learning Enhancement provides leadership for student success by building collaborative partnerships between academic affairs, ...
Senior Director, Grants Administration, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Senior Director, Grants Administration Classification Title Director Position Number 01203275 Hours Per Week 40 Department Medicine Campus Locati...
Assistant Teaching Professor, University of Kansas, United States, 22 days ago
15194BR Undergraduate Biology Program Position Overview The University of Kansas invites individuals to apply for the position of Assistant Teaching Professor. Over 1,600 students are enrolled in ...
Assistant Teaching Professor, University of Kansas, United States, about 20 hours ago
15215BR Undergraduate Biology Program Position Overview The University of Kansas invites individuals to apply for the position of Assistant Teaching Professor. Over 1,600 students are enrolled in ...