The Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Washington is seeking a full-time Cardiothoracic Surgery Inpatient Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide patient care at UW-Montlake. The Cardiac Surgery Acute Care Service Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a member of the Cardiothoracic Surgery multidisciplinary team that includes physicians, fellows, residents, and RNs providing acute care services to patients and families. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing independent and collaborative patient management of cardiac surgical patients following transfer from the intensive care unit through discharge to the outpatient setting. This position provides a faculty appointment at the rank of Teaching Associate in the Department of Surgery, on a twelve-month service period (Jul 1 – Jun 30) with an anticipated start date in early 2022.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work on a dedicated cardiothoracic inter-professional team with other established APPs, Cardiothoracic surgeons, and Mechanical Circulatory support providers.
2. Perform minor bedside procedures and wound management as needed
3. Provide a full spectrum of care for cardiac acute care surgical patients
4. Participate in the education of nursing staff and surgical residents
5. Participate in quality improvement projects and process improvement activities for the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
6. Performs other related duties as required
1. Current and valid state Registered Nurse Licensure for ARNP or Physician Assistant licensure for PA-C
2. Graduate Degree from and accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or accredited Physician Assistant Program
3. Nationally certified ARNP/PA with DEA
4. Proven excellence working in an interdisciplinary collaborative team environment
5. Effective interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and clinical expertise in the care of patients undergoing Cardiothoracic Surgical procedures.
6. ACLS Certification
7. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
8. Basic computer knowledge and command of basic personal computer skills
Candidates should submit their application via Interfolio link below with cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references, and a statement of past and planned contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion (i.e. diversity statement).
Research Assistant Or Associate Professor, Washington State University, United States, 12 days ago
Title: 155-NN - Research Assistant Professor - Career Business Title: Research Assistant or Associate Professor Additional Titles: Location: MET PARK, WSU SPOKANE CAMPUS Employee Type: Faculty (+)...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Washington State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Title: 306-NN - Postdoctoral Research Associate Business Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate Additional Titles: Location: MET PARK, WSU SPOKANE CAMPUS Employee Type: Faculty (+) (Fixed Term) Jo...
Postdoctoral Scholar In Coastal Ocean Sar Remote Sensing, Applied Physics Laboratory - UW, United States, about 1 month ago
Description The Applied Physics Laboratory of the University of Washington invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher in remote sensing and coastal oceanography as part of an ONR funded pr...
Postdoctoral Scholar In Arctic Salinity And Stratification At The Sea Ice Edge (Sassie), Applied Physics Laboratory - UW, United States, about 1 month ago
Description The Applied Physics Laboratory at the University of Washington (APL-UW) invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher in physical oceanography as part of a NASA-funded study of Ar...
Postdoctoral Scholar Position, Washington State University Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, United States, about 2 months ago
Location Seattle, WA Open Date Mar 16, 2022 Description Position description: The Terrain Analysis and Cryosphere Observation lab at the University of Washington has an opening for a full-time pos...
Postdoctoral Research On Chronic Wasting Disease Socila Science In Washington, University of Washington/WACFWRU/WDFW, United States, about 2 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyUniversity of Washington/WACFWRU/WDFWLocationSeattle, WAJob CategoryPost Doctoral AppointmentsSalary$61,688/...