Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation.
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Division of Forestry
- Madison/Rhinelander Wisconsin
- Job Category
- Full time Positions
- $70,720 - $74,880 Annually
- Last Date to Apply
- POSITION SUMMARY: The Tax Law Compliance Specialist is responsible for developing, maintaining, monitoring, and enforcing policies and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with statutes, administrative codes and handbook requirements affecting the implementation and administration of Wisconsin’s Forest Tax Laws. This position provides critical support and consultation to tax law section staff, partners, landowners, and certified group members to collaboratively resolve tax law compliance and forest certification conformance issues in a timely and effective manner. As an expert in forest tax laws and forest certification requirements, this position maintains and advises a diverse professional network of internal and external leadership, department staff and inter-divisional teams. LOCATION, GEOGRAPHIC SCOPE & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: The preferred location is in Madison (GEF2) or Rhinelander Forestry Headquarters however, all DNR facilities within the state will be considered. The position will have statewide jurisdiction and authority. Periodic travel is required throughout the state.
- -Work experience applying the principles of silviculture to implement sustainable forest management plans -Work experience implementing or complying with certification standards Preferred Qualifications -Bachelor’s degree in forestry from a four-year program accredited by the Society of American Foresters. A bachelor’s degree related to natural resources with passing coursework (at bachelor’s or master’s level) in Silviculture, Dendrology, Forest Ecology, and Forest Mensuration may be substituted. -Experience with process improvement with a focus on quality assurance -Experience monitoring compliance with natural resources standards and implementing corrective action -Experience with compliance review and enforcement of forestry regulations -Experience or education/training related to forest tax law or the equivalent in other states -Experience applying standards associated with the American Tree Farm System or Forest Stewardship Council certification or other comparable national/international forest certifications
- Contact Person
Bookmark the permalink .
Comments are closed.
Administrative Assistant Iii, University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States, about 20 hours ago
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III Apply now Job no: 242932-US Work type: Partial Remote, Staff-Part Time Department:CALS/ADM SVCS CTR/RUSSELL LABS Location: Madison Categories: Administrative Services ...
Assistant Professor, Department Of Counseling Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States, about 19 hours ago
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DEPARTMENT OF COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY Apply now Job no: 241609-FA Work type: Faculty-Full Time, Onsite Department:EDUC/COUNSELING PSYCH Location: Madison Categories: Instruction...
Supplier File Administration Team Member, University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States, about 20 hours ago
SUPPLIER FILE ADMINISTRATION TEAM MEMBER Apply now Job no: 242889-FTF Work type: Partial Remote, Staff-Full Time Department:BUS SVC/ACCT/DISBURSEMENTS Location: Madison Categories: Accounting, Fin...
Financial Specialist (Natural Resources Institute), University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States, about 20 hours ago
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (NATURAL RESOURCES INSTITUTE) Apply now Job no: 243330-AS Work type: Onsite, Staff-Part Time Department:EXT/ANRCD/NR/NATURAL RES INST Location: Madison Categories: Accounting,...
Hipaa Privacy Officer, University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States, about 19 hours ago
HIPAA PRIVACY OFFICER Apply now Job no: 241872-LI Work type: Partial Remote, Staff-Full Time Department:G SERV/OFF LGL AFRS/COMPLIANCE Location: Madison Categories: Legal Affairs, Public Safety, L...
Human Resources Coordinator, University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States, about 20 hours ago
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR Apply now Job no: 243316-US Work type: Onsite, Staff-Full Time Department:POLICE ADMINISTRATION Location: Madison Categories: HR Generalist Job Summary: - Creates and m...