Job TitleTalent Acquisition Specialist
AgencyTexas A&M Engineering
DepartmentEngineering Human Resources
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum Salary$3,750.00 monthly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Why work for Texas A&M Engineering?
Who we are
Texas A&M Engineering is a large employer in the great and growing city of Bryan/College Station, offering thousands of career opportunities in a wide variety of fields. We are deeply committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce. Texas A&M Engineering offers competitive salaries, full benefits, an extensive support network, and above all, an enriching and highly collaborative working community that is deeply passionate about our vision for higher education, research, and public service.
About Engineering Human Resources & Payroll
The top priority of Engineering Human Resources (HR) & Payroll is providing quality service and guidance to Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) and Texas A&M University College of Engineering (COE) employees to create a great work environment and to help advance the strategic goals of our organization. Engineering HR & Payroll supports employees and retirees in a variety of areas including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, payroll, classification & compensation, benefits, retirement, leave administration, compliance, immigration, and employee relations.
You will be working for an organization that is internationally recognized for our academic programs and research. Your work will make a difference in the lives of staff, faculty, and students of the College of Engineering at Texas A&M University and TEES. If you are the type of person that wants to know your work has meaning and impact, you will like working for Texas A&M Engineering in the Department of Engineering HR & Payroll.
Texas A&M Engineering provides an outstanding benefits package including but not limited to:
- Competitive health benefits
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Vision, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability insurance options
- Teachers Retirement System of Texas (TRS), a defined benefit retirement plan with 8% employer contribution
- Additional Voluntary Retirement Programs: Tax Deferred Account 403(b) and a Deferred Compensation Program 457(b)
- Flexible spending account options for medical and childcare expenses
- Robust free training access through LinkedIn Learning plus professional development opportunities
- Tuition assistance https://engineering.tamu.edu/information/esac/staff-development/staff-development-opportunities.html
- Wellness program release time offered to employees to promote work/life balance
The Talent Acquisition Specialist oversees activities related to recruiting and talent acquisition. This position is responsible for executing creative sourcing strategies to attract and engage prospective employees, matching candidate talents and qualifications with Texas A&M Engineering’s specific staffing needs.
- Facilitates recruitment process which includes strategic sourcing, recruiting, and screening of applicants.
- Drives the development and implementation of comprehensive recruitment plans by using innovative sourcing and marketing/branding techniques to engage both active and passive candidates.
- Acts as a subject matter expert by applying best practices for full lifecycle recruitment and strategic talent acquisition.
- Collaborates with key leaders and hiring managers to develop a strong understanding of organizational goals, strategy, talent profiles, and culture to develop effective recruitment plans. Develop an understanding of critical needs. Understands and influences culture.
- Facilitates continuous improvement via measurement tools, and recruitment analysis. Understands effectiveness of tools, strategies, methods, and materials and make changes as needed for improvement. Document process improvements.
- Works on a team to engage new employees and works with the hiring division to enhance the onboarding experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of related experience.
What is helpful:
- Recruiting experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to successfully network with potential candidates and industry associations to solidify potential sourcing pipelines.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- $3,750.00/month + depending on qualifications
- Main Campus – College Station, TX.
- Some positions may have potential for a flexible work schedule or location.
Helpful Applicant Information
Required Materials for Application:
- Three work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor/former supervisor.
- Letter of interest
- Recruit and retain high-performing and diverse workforce through competitive compensation and career development including career pathing, coaching and skills development.
- Offer total rewards through competitive and equitable pay, flexible benefits, professional development, performance recognition and work-life balance.
- Remain competitive within local labor markets by striving to pay at or above market for our positions within funding availability.
- Ensure resources are readily available and utilized to attract and retain the highest quality researchers, faculty, and staff. Exemplify equal pay for equal work, with allowable pay differences based on factors not prohibited by law.
- Comply with A&M System standards and government relations.
- Work directly with divisions to help build a strong workforce through advertising open jobs, guiding candidates through the recruitment process, and rewarding employees based on performance.
Employment Eligibility Verification
- If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in delay of start date.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Program Manager, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Program Manager Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Commercialization And Entrepreneurship Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job...
It Professional I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title IT Professional I Agency Texas A&M University Department Technology Services Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Our C...
Program Aide, TAMHSC, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Program Aide Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Health Behavior Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Temporary/Casu...
Machinist Ii, Texas A&M University, United States, about 12 hours ago
Job Title Machinist II Agency Texas A&M University Department Cyclotron Institute Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description Our Commit...
Administrative Associate Iv, Texas A&M University System, United States, 15 days ago
Job Title Administrative Associate IV Agency Texas A&M University Department Texas A&M University School of Law Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Fort Worth, Texas Job Type Staff J...
Veterinary Technician I Equine Community Practice, Texas A&M University, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician I Equine Community Practice Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $19.11 hourly Job Location College Station, Tex...