TGen, the Translational Genomics Research Institute, is an affiliate of City of Hope. We are an Arizona-based, nonprofit medical research institute dedicated to conducting groundbreaking research with life-changing results. We work to unravel the genetic components of common and complex diseases, including cancer, neurological disorders, infectious disease, and rare childhood disorders. By identifying treatment options in this manner, we believe medicine becomes more rational, more precise and, well, more personal.
At TGen, we are setting a new medical standard where the future of medicine is happening now. We are pioneers in deciphering the story a person’s genome has to tell. For individuals faced with a serious diagnosis, our scientists and clinicians have the ability to let a patients’ genome reveal its uniqueness in ways that are both powerful and transformative, especially when it comes to treating disease in a precise and individual manner.
TGen has had an important and highly positive impact in understanding the molecular drivers in cancer and other diseases and disorders, but more importantly, has been among the world’s leaders in applying this knowledge toward the treatment of patients. By strategically aligning ourselves with first-in-class medical providers, TGen provides direct benefit to those patients faced with limited options.
A hallmark of TGen is our belief that by utilizing the latest technologies and collaborating with the strongest of partners, we can develop better tools to increase our understanding of complex diseases and to better predict which treatments might be most effective, i.e., one-of-a-kind clinical trials (the right drug, at the right dose, at the right time).
TGen’s translational approach and our experience at leveraging genomic information in support of achieving more precise and personalized treatments augments your work in ways other institutes cannot. Our affiliation with City of Hope allows you to integrate your work with a growing health system committed to research with highest potential for improvements in patient care. In short, our science-led business-supported approach means there’s no better place to move your research forward. If you’re looking for a job with purpose, you’ll find it at TGen.
The Emerging Opportunities division at TGen aims to advance TGen’s “Benchside to Bedside” capabilities through the development and application of ‘omics tools and technologies. The staff scientist candidate will be responsible for developing and executing a series of research innovative concepts to become clinically useful. The scientist will be working in a multidisciplinary team setting on a wide variety of applications in immuno-oncology: early detection, screening, and diagnostics. Through the scientist’s work they will be able to create impact in multiple areas of TGen research including laboratory developed tests and pre-clinical testing. The ideal candidate should be pro-active, organized, flexible, quickly assimilate new information, perform high quality experiments and oversee lab staff. Additionally, they should have familiarity in working to milestones/deadlines and be an excellent communicator. Come revolutionize the practice of precision medicine!
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work in a team environment to investigate, analyze, and execute process improvements to research methods to enable scalability and robustness.
· Provide input and structure to ensure successful execution of programs, projects, and tasks.
· Create project plans (including for pre-clinical verification studies), and study reports.
· Provide input on and manage budgets, timelines, resource requirements.
· Iterate on experiments to troubleshoot issues, devise solution to problems, and enhance working protocols.
· Manage documentation and records. This may include designing, organizing, and maintaining laboratory records, SOPs, and reports.
· Complete projects on schedule to deliver milestone and/or phase gate criteria.
· Order supplies, maintain and clean equipment and lab environment.
· Transfer technology and protocols to internal and external partners, including clinical labs.
· Train co-workers on technologies and methods.
· Collaborate with experts throughout the organization, including both scientific and operational functions.
· Communicate results and development findings internally and externally.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
· Position requires a Ph.D Degree in a biology related field with a minimum of two years working experience with at least one year working in industry and/or development of laboratory developed tests or transferring technology to a third party.
· Candidate should have knowledge in Cancer, Genomics, Immunology, Cell therapy, and Liquid biopsy biomarker design.
· Experience with genomic assays and next generation sequencing (NGS) is required.
· Candidate must be able to work independently and be comfortable initiating conversations and relationships necessary to move the work forward and seeking guidance.
· A working knowledge of a product development process, design control, and clinical test development is a plus.
· Candidate must have excellent laboratory skills and the ability to design, generate, and analyze genomics data.
· Interpersonal skills to collaborate with a team and to interface with administration and operations teams and the general business office.
To Apply please click the link below:
Bioinformatician/Research Software Engineer (M/F/D) "Databases For Genomic Surveillance Of Emerging Pathogens", Leibniz, Germany, about 14 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute DSMZ-German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures GmbH, Braunschweig, Germany, offers a position as a Bioinformatician/Research Software Engineer (m/f/d) "Databases ...
Master Student In Tumor Immunology (M/F/D), CeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria, about 5 hours ago
29 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Biological sciences ...
Research Associate In Bioinformatics, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
2. Job Purpose An exciting opportunity to join the research team at Khalifa University's Center for Biotechnology (BTC) has been established for an upcoming "Bioinformatician" with leadership aspi...
Bioinformatics Analyst , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 4 hours ago
80%-100%, Basel, permanent The ETH Zurich core facility NEXUS Personalized Health Technologies enables discovery and translational research for personalized health. We offer a broad range of exper...
Python Developers, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 11 days ago
18 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Centre for Genomic Regulation Department GENE REGULATION, STEM CELLS AND CANCER Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Fir...
Front End Software Engineer, CNAG, Spain, 10 days ago
15 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CNAG Department Bioinformatics Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Spain Application Deadline 22 ...