Location: Pomona, California
Internal Number: 4815461
Systems & Operations Coordinator, New Student Programs and Family Engagement
Job No: 533996
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Full Time, Student Services, On-site (work in-person at business location)
Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Probationary
Collective Bargaining Unit: Academic Professionals of California - Unit 4
Job Classification: SSP III
Anticipated Hiring Amount: $5,025 - $5,736 per month
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
The Office of New Student Programs and Family Engagement facilitates the transition of new students into the institution, prepares them for educational opportunities and student responsibilities, and initiates their integration into the university's intellectual, cultural, and social climate. The Office of New Student Programs and Family Engagement provides information, communication, and services to incoming students and their support system to orient them to the traditions, mission, philosophy, and culture of the campus and to make them knowledgeable about Cal Poly Pomona's opportunities, resources, challenges, and programs. The Office of New Student Programs and Family Engagement designs, plans, implements, and assesses mandatory online and in-person orientation events and supports transition activities, including but not limited to new student convocation and welcome week (CPP Fest).
The Office of New Student Programs and Family Engagement is the administrative office for the mandatory student orientation programs, parent/family orientation, and parent/family communication. The office is responsible for compliance with federal, state, CSU System, and University requirements and the timely and accurate dissemination of information to students, parents, and campus constituents.
The Office of New Student Programs and Family Engagement is housed within the Division of Student Affairs and reports to the Associate Dean of Students, Student Retention and Engagement. The Office of New Student Programs and Family Engagement supports enrollment management, student success and retention, and institutional planning in conjunction with other campus constituents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the annual process to update content, images, and videos in the CPP Pre-Orientation modules to ensure timely, accurate, and required information is shared with incoming students.
- Coordinate with student affairs, academic colleges, administrative affairs, and MediaVision on content, images, and videos for the Online Orientation platform to convey required information from all sectors.
- Liaise with Information Technology to ensure student data is correctly sent to the Online Orientation for new and existing profile-directed content.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure that the CPP Pre-Orientation takes full advantage of available technology and integrations.
- Collaborate with university departments for profile-directed content based on student characteristics.
- Collaborate with Senior Coordinator, Parent & Family Engagement to maintain and update the
- Bronco Family Online Orientation for parents, families, guests, and prospective students for the Online Orientation.
- Regularly assess pre-orientation functionality and make recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Director of New Student Programs & Family Engagement to assist with implementing the the customer relationship management (CRM) system, Slate, within the office.
Orientation and Transition Planning & Implementation
- Together with the orientation team, plan and implement new student orientation events and first-year transition programs (both in-person and virtual). Tasks include, but are not limited to, developing program agendas, making room reservations, scheduling speakers, ordering and preparing materials, creating learning outcomes, and developing assessments.
- Collaborate with the orientation professional staff team, divisional, and campus partners on orientation communication plans, including but not limited to websites, emails, social media, and printed materials.
- Serve as program lead during both in-person and virtual new student orientation events in rotation with other professional staff and graduate interns.
- Collaborate with the Senior Coordinator and IT liaison on Peoplesoft processes, including orientation reservation set-up, student enrollment group processing, to-do lists, queries, and automated communication.
- Provide weekly direction and support to the student Social Media Team regarding content creation and engagement on various social media platforms.
- Ensure any content posted to social media is appropriate, accurate, and aligns with the mission of the Office of New Student Programs and Family Engagement and Cal Poly Pomona.
- Review all content created in Canva Pro for accessibility utilizing Universal Design and current CPP branding.
- Plan monthly meetings with the student team. Develop a plan to enhance student skills in professional content creation. Maintain the Social Media Content Calendar.
New Student Enrollment Support
- Advise new students throughout the transition process and identify resources, resolutions, and referrals if they encounter enrollment issues.
- Facilitate the orientation deferral process for students who cannot attend orientation. Ensure students complete an alternative orientation program, receive academic advising, and register for first-semester courses.
- Assign or release orientation-related service indicators (holds).
- Liaise with the Office of Admissions regarding students' admission status and orientation reservations.
- Liaise with Student Accounting & Cashiering regarding the posting, refunds, and/or credits of orientation fees.
- Oversee and update the Office of New Student Program and Family regularly.
- Engagement website utilizing the Cascade user platform.
- Collaborate inter-departmentally to provide accurate and timely information regarding Online Orientation, Orientation Day, and Parent and Family Orientation timelines to incoming students and their supporters.
- Evaluate the website language to ensure the targeted audience is being addressed. Provide regular updates to the various tabs within the website to ensure that all information provided to incoming and continuing students is accurate.
- Maintain the current professional staff, student staff, orientation leader, and captain's bios and information.
- Attend monthly Cascade user group meetings to streamline processes.
Front Desk Assistant Supervision & Office Management
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and lead student office assistants, including:
- Ensure recruitment practices are inclusive and yield an applicant pool reflective of the
- CPP population.
- Provide task direction, work assignments, performance feedback, conduct expectations, and corrective action.
- Ensure responsibilities are appropriately and effectively as department, division, and university representatives.
- Ensure student office assistants follow university employment guidelines and comply with labor law.
- Regularly assess office assistant training curriculum for effectiveness and make improvements.
- Oversee the main department's email and phone lines.
- Process and maintain student hiring paperwork and payroll in collaboration with other orientation and division operations staff.
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies.
Graduate Intern Management
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and lead graduate student intern
- Provide task direction, work assignments, performance feedback, conduct expectations, and corrective action for graduate interns.
- Ensure graduate interns execute their responsibilities appropriately and effectively as representatives of the department, division, and university.
- Ensure graduate interns follow university employment guidelines and comply with labor law.
Student Affairs/University Committees
- Represent the Office of New Student Programs and Family Engagement on various divisional and campus-wide committees.
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in a related field, including or supplemented by upper division or graduate course work in counseling techniques, interviewing, and conflict resolution where such are job-related.
- Possession of these knowledge and abilities is typically demonstrated through the equivalent of three years of progressively responsible professional student services work experience. One year in the program area to which assigned may be preferred but is not required.
- A master's degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or a directly related field may be substituted for one year of experience. A doctorate degree and the appropriate internship or clinical training in counseling or guidance may be substituted for the three years of experience for positions with a major responsibility for professional career or personal counseling.
- The following knowledge and abilities as well as those listed at the lower levels in the Student Services Professional series are required for appointment into this classification.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of individual and group behavior. General knowledge of the principles, practices and trends of the Student Services field as well as general knowledge of the policies, procedures and practices of the program area to which assigned; general knowledge of individual counseling techniques; general knowledge, or the ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge, of the organizational procedures and activities of the specific campus to which the position is assigned. Working knowledge of student services programs outside the program to which immediately assigned.
- Ability to analyze complex situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action; advise students individually and in groups on complex student-related matters; determine appropriate courses of action and proper techniques to utilize while engaged with individuals in personal interactions of an argumentative or sensitive nature; interpret and evaluate descriptions and explanations of problems brought forward by individuals or student organizations, analyze and define the problem, draw valid conclusions and project consequences of various alternative courses of action; carry out a variety of professionally complex assignments without detailed instructions; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals.
The California State University (CSU) system is a network of twenty-three public universities providing access to a quality education through the support of California taxpayers. Part of CSU's mission is to prepare educated, responsible individuals to contribute to California's schools, economy, culture, and future. As an agency of the State of California, the CSU's business operations almost exclusively reside within California. The CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/v2/policy/10899725/latest/ .
Cal Poly Pomona will make a conditional offer of employment to final job candidates, pending the satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
The conditional offer of employment may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
In determining the suitability of the candidate for the position, Cal Poly Pomona will give an individualized assessment to any information that the applicant submits for consideration regarding the criminal conviction history such as the nature, gravity and recency of the conviction, the candidate's conduct, performance or rehabilitation efforts since the conviction and the nature of the job applied for.
For more information, go to https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/13813878/latest/ .
Employment Eligibility Verification
Cal Poly Pomona hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents .
Child Abuse/Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA)
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/v2/policy/10927154/latest/ .
Security & Fire Safety
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), Cal Poly Pomona's Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report are available for viewing at: https://www.cpp.edu/pdfs/annual_security_report.pdf and https://www.cpp.edu/housing/documents/fire_safety_report.pdf .
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
As a federal contractor, Cal Poly Pomona will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. For more information, see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision poster .
This position is part of the CSUEU bargaining unit, the CSU Classification Standards for this position are located on the following site, https://www.calstate.edu/csu-system/careers/compensation/Pages/Classification-Standards.aspx . The CSU Salary Schedule is located on the following site: https://www.calstate.edu/csu-system/careers/compensation/Pages/salary-schedule-documents.aspx . The classification salary range for this position according to the respective skill level is minimum $5,025 and maximum $7,159 per month. Please refer back to the anticipated hiring range for the appropriate salary rate for this particular position.
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at [email protected] . More information is available at: https://www.cpp.edu/eoda/employee-labor//access-accommodations/index.shtml .
Cal Poly Pomona is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University subscribes to the pay transparency nondiscrimination provision and all state and federal regulations that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. More information is available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf and at https://www.cpp.edu/eoda/employee-labor/documents/aa-eeo-doc/policy-statement_2022-aap-for-california-state-polytechnic-university-pomona_confidential_20220127.pdf .
For other important employment notices, we invite you to visit Cal Poly Pomona's Employment Notices web page.
Advertised: November 22, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: December 07, 2023 (11:55 PM)
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/po/en-us/job/533996/systems-operations-coordinator-new-student-programs-and-family-engagement
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Cal Poly Pomona
Cal Poly Pomona consistently ranks among the best universities in the country when it comes to quality education, affordability and career prospects for graduates. As an inclusive polytechnic university, we cultivate success through experiential learning, discovery and innovation. U.S News noted Cal Poly Pomona was eighth most diverse among regional universities in the West and tenth most diverse in the nation. Nowhere else can students ride an Arabian horse, practice on a Steinway piano, bring a new product to market, and build a liquid-fueled rocket.
Connections working at Cal Poly Pomona
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Family Medicine And Primary Care Physician, California State University, Northridge, United States, about 6 hours ago
Apply now Job no:534782 Work type:Staff Location:Northridge Categories:Unit 1 - UAPD - Union of American Physicians/Dentists, Health Professionals, Temporary, Part Time CSUN strives to be a destin...
Director, Equity And Compliance, California State University, Northridge, United States, about 7 hours ago
Apply now Job no:536589 Work type:Management (MPP) Location:Northridge Categories:MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and te...
Lcsw Field Supervisor (Tuc Strength United), California State University, Northridge, United States, about 6 hours ago
About The University Corporation The University Corporation is a non-profit auxiliary corporation providing commercial and administrative services to California State University, Northridge. Our m...
Assistant Professor Of Design Anthropology, California State University System, United States, 21 days ago
Required Qualifications: Ph.D. in Anthropology or Applied Anthropology. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2024. Expertise in ...
Academic Advisor, California State University, Northridge, United States, about 7 hours ago
Apply now Job no:535431 Work type:Staff Location:Northridge Categories:Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time, Student Services, Telecommute e...
Learning Specialist (Csun Employees Only), California State University, Northridge, United States, 12 days ago
Apply now Job no:534956 Work type:Staff Location:Northridge Categories:Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Administrative, Temporary, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite ...