We are currently looking for a Systems and Applications Specialist II who will work around UTHealth in support of a variety of groups and areas. They will have to be able to provide support desktop hardware, basic and departmental specific software, and applications. You must have worked in large environments consisting of 100s of users, and it would help if you are able to switch between Mac and traditional PC platforms and operating systems. This role requires at least 3 years of technical support in a large corporate or educational environment.
This is a full time role that will qualify for full benefits from UTHealth including healthcare coverage and a pension plan administered by the State of Texas. The employee will report to a site in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. We have several buildings there, and you may be called to travel around to the different locations as business needs require. All locations are located on Metro bus or rail lines.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Installs, configures, maintains, repairs, and otherwise supports services, specialized custom applications, desktop computers, software, applications, and related equipment in a networked environment.
2. Troubleshoots desktop services and systems; recommends improvements.
3. Trains users needing additional core computer and application skills as the position related information technology responsibilities evolve.
4. Documents each troubleshooting case, annotating all updates to ensure proper documentation of the final resolution.
5. Maintains inventory information of servers, desktop services, and equipment.
6. Participates and executes rollouts/deployments, migrations and upgrades as part of the IT team.
7. Advises department or school and provides them with IT solutions.
8. Approves all IT lease and purchase requests.
9. Other duties as assigned
* A+, MCSE and/or MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) preferred
* Good communication skills both verbal and written.
Associate’s degree or relevant work experience in lieu of education.
Three (3) years of related experience. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Computing System Tec (Computing Systems Tec 4), Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 8 hours ago
What You Will Do Join our world class computing organization! Experience Information Technology (XIT) division is seeking an energetic and customer-focused Windows and Mac OS X System Administrato...
Linux Engineer (Computing Systems Professional 3), Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 8 hours ago
What You Will Do The Sensitive & Special Operations (SSO) Division provides a secure and compliant TS/SCI level environment for the execution of National Security programs through the use of class...
Labor Lead, University of Houston - Downtown, United States, 1 day ago
Labor Lead - (STA006802) Labor Lead Department Name:D0043 Facilities Management Description The Labor Lead assists in furniture setup and other miscellaneous functions supporting the University's ...
Bcm Temporary Administrative Support Materials Handler , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, 4 days ago
Title: BCM Temporary - Material Handler Division: Supply Chain Management Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX Salary Range: Commensurat...
Electrician, Journeyman, University of Houston - Downtown, United States, 1 day ago
Electrician, Journeyman - (STA006815) Electrician, Journeyman Department Name:D0043 Facilities Management Description The Electrician, Journeyman performs preventive and maintenance on all lighti...
Deputy Division Leader (R&D Manager 5), Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 8 hours ago
What You Will Do Seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Deputy Division Leader (R&D Manager 5) for J-Division to manage the Laboratory's Hydrodynamic and Sub-Critical Experiments Execution Support ...