Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to conduct research in the field of synthetic biology and molecular microbiology. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers who are passionate about achieving success while solving some of nation’s greatest challenges. Your research will include a variety of projects such as developing biosensors and biomaterials. This posision is in the Systems and Synthetic Biology Group in the Biosciences and Biotechnology Division.
• Conduct fundamental research in a variety of projects such as developing biosensors and biomaterials.
• Develop research plans, generate results, and publish peer-reviewed papers.
• Work with other scientists to write proposals and expand our program into new areas aligned with your expertise and interests.
• Write reports to funding agencies and participate in scientific conferences.
• Pursue independent (but complementary) research interests and interact with a broad spectrum of scientists internally and externally to the Laboratory.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• PhD in Biological Sciences or a relevant field with a strong emphasis in synthetic biology and microbiology.
• Experience in research and development in synthetic biology and microbiology.
• Experience in engineering bacterial strains for functions. This might include design and assembly of gene expression systems and characterization of modified strains.
• Experience in using informatics to study microbial communities. This might include community population dynamics, expression of target genes and directed evolution.
• Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
• Environmental microbiology with experience in working with non-model strains
• Experience with systems biology and multi-omics analyses, including genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics and associated methods for data collection and analysis.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: None required.
However, if your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.)
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.3 billion, employing approximately 6,900 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Uc Research Initiatives Intern (4919), University of California Office of the President, United States, about 2 months ago
Requisition Number 20200071 Working Title UC Research Initiatives Intern (4919) Appointment Type Staff - Casual Restricted Personnel Program PSS-Uncovered Work Hours Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm P...
Post Doctorate Fellow, Psychology, Emeryville, Alliant International University, United States, about 14 hours ago
About Alliant International University: Alliant International University's mission is to provide students with the highest quality of education through innovation in scholarship, applied training ...
Assistant Iii, University of Carlifornia, United States, 3 months ago
Requisition Number: 32260 Job Title: _____ASSISTANT III Working Title: Finance and Administrative Coordinator Salary: $24.00 - $34.38 hourly Job Type: Career Department Name: 2155-INST OF ENVIRONM...
Child Development Center Assistant, University of Carlifornia, United States, about 1 month ago
Requisition Number: 32368 Job Title: CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER ASSISTANT Working Title: Child Development Assistant Salary: $17.32 - $19.73 hourly Job Type: Limited Department Name: 0875-PSYCHOLOGY...