Updated: 4 months ago
Location: Fort Collins, COLORADO
Deadline: 14 Jan 2022
|Classification Title||Temporary Hourly|
|Is this an Hourly position?||Yes|
|Position Location||Fort Collins, CO 80523|
|Description of Work Unit||
Sociology is the study of social life, focusing on the mutual interaction between human groups and societal institutions. Sociologists study social relationships from family units in preindustrial cultures to interactions within large, bureaucratic institutions in major industrialized nations. The sociology program prepares students to examine social and individual dynamics using theory and rigorous research methods in order to understand and help solve complex and contemporary social problems. The Department of Sociology supports CSU’s land-grant mission in its interrelated areas of teaching/learning, research/scholarship, and service/outreach/engagement. The Department is dedicated to advancing sociology as a scientific discipline and profession serving Colorado State University and the people of Colorado, the United States and internationally. We encourage collaboration with other departments and disciplines both within and outside the Department and the College of Liberal Arts. The Department also supports the University and College’s emphasis on excellence in international education.
|Search Contact Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
We are seeking (4) individuals to assist with administrative, program, and research support on a 18 month-long research project related to poor air quality in the Commerce City, Globeville, Elyria-Swansea communities due to toxic air pollution from Suncor Refinery. Ramona Beltrán (DU) and Stephanie Malin (CSU) are principal investigators. The primary responsibilities of this position involve scheduling and conducting in-depth interviews, helping track and administer the related database, data analysis, and work with Cultivando and community members.
|Position Minimum Qualifications||
* Bilingual/bicultural (Spanish)
* Demonstrated experience planning for and conducting in-depth interviews with vulnerable populations
* Demonstrated ability to work with multiple supervisors and a team of undergraduate students, graduate students, post-doctoral fellow
* Experience with social science research data collection, methods, or analysis
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Demonstrated experience conducting community-based research
* Work with minimal supervision and a high level of personal maturity
* Interested in working on health research projects with Latinx communities
* Interested in gaining and advancing research skills
* Highly-motivated and detail-oriented
* Demonstrated experience with community-based research
|Working Title||Suncor Research Assistant|
Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for temporary employees in the following University benefit area: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Please provide a brief cover letter highlighting your bilingual and bicultural qualifications and your reasons for applying to the position.
Please also provide the names and contact information for 2 references. References will not be contacted without prior notification to the applicant.
|Background Check Policy Statement||
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or pregnancy in its employment, programs, services and activities, and admissions, and, in certain circumstances, marriage to a co-worker. The University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity and equal access institution and affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, email@example.com .
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Coordinator for any other forms of misconduct prohibited by the University’s Policy on Discrimination and Harassment is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, Co. 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836, email@example.com .
Any person may report sex discrimination under Title IX to the Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education .
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Essential Job Duties
|Job Duty Category||Research|
● Attend virtual meetings and in-person gatherings/community meetings to assess the community’s research needs
● Assist the Program Manager in outreach and scheduling interviews
● Conduct in-depth interviews (virtual and in-person, depending on COVID-19), and set up interview locations and equipment
● Assist in administrative communication and coordination
● Enter, clean, and assist in the analysis of data
● Assist with developing and maintaining secure database of participant information, interview transcripts, and other confidential data
● Conduct literature searches, obtain articles, and format references when necessary
|Percentage Of Time||100%|
|Minimum References Required||2|
|Maximum References Required||2|