Apply now Job no:528255
Categories:Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Administrative, Compliance/Legal, Finance/Accounting, Probationary, Full Time, Education Support Professionals, Information Systems & Technology, Marketing/Communications, Student Services, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun .
Under general supervision, the Student Success and Equity Program Coordinator provides strategic oversight on the implementation of Pathways to Excellence and Matador Early Connections, a bridge program based on the CSU’s Early Start Program. The incumbent will join a team that plans and implements cross divisional educational programs that focus on equity, inclusion, and social justice in the Office of Student Success.
- Works with Senior Strategist, Equity Initiatives to update program timelines and communication templates, and coordinate efforts with Directors (UGS, Matador Advisement Hub, College Success Center Staff, Tseng, Admissions and Records, SDTP, Financial Aid, etc.)
- Assists and informs the AVP Student Success in developing a comprehensive budget for Pathways 2 Excellence and Matador Early Connections: resources, staffing etc. Implements and manages the programming within the budget parameters.
- Plans and coordinates meetings for Pathways 2 Excellence/Matador Early Connections Planning with department chairs, Deans, Associate Deans, instructional faculty, advisors, student support staff member to update programming, review planning and relevant data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://rb.gy/l3h8d
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in a related field. Upper division or graduate course work in counseling techniques, interviewing and conflict resolution where such are job related, is preferred.
- Equivalent to four years of progressively responsible professional student services work experience which includes experience in advising students individually and in groups, and in analysis and resolution of complex student services problems.
- A Master’s degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or a job-related field may be substituted for one year of professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Expert knowledge of the policies, procedures and practices of the program area to which assigned or the ability to quickly acquire such knowledge; working knowledge of the policies, practices and activities of Student Services programs outside the program to which immediately assigned; working knowledge of the principles, problems and methods of public administration, including organizational, personnel and fiscal management; general knowledge of advanced statistical and research methods.
- Ability to carry out very complex assignments without detailed instructions; ability to advise students individually or in groups on varied and complex matters; ability to determine the appropriate course of action and proper techniques to utilize while engaged with individuals and groups in personal interactions of a sensitive nature; ability to reason logically and analyze and solve organizational and operating problems of one or several program areas; and ability to plan, coordinate and initiate actions necessary to implement administrative or group decisions or recommendations.
- Ability to analyze and define complex organizational, policy or procedural problems, collect and evaluate data, draw valid conclusions and project consequences of various alternative courses of action; ability to understand the roles and responsibilities of others and to gauge relationships accordingly by taking into account the variety of the interrelationships, motivations and goals of the members of the organization served; and ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative and harmonious working relationships in circumstances which involve the denial of requests or the necessity to persuade others to accept a different point of view.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 3086 / SSP IV / 1
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $5732 - $6213 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $5732 - $8176 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- Applications received through June 13, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised:May 31, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close:Jun 20, 2023 (11:55 PM) Pacific Daylight Time
Athletic Academic Support Coordinator, The California State University, United States, 28 days ago
Campus: Northridge Job ID: 530904 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 25, 2023 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit ...
Mental Health Response Coordinator, The California State University, United States, 25 days ago
Campus: Northridge Job ID: 530996 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 30, 2023 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit ...
Staff Psychologist 23 02, California State University, Northridge, United States, 19 days ago
Details Posted: 06-Sep-23 Location: Northridge, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Social/Behavioral Sciences Internal Number: 4562936 Staff Psychologist 23-02 CS...
Project Rebound Administrative Analyst, The California State University, United States, 17 days ago
Campus: Northridge Job ID: 531431 Job Title: Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 7, 2023 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) ...
Subject Matter/Composition Assistant, The California State University, United States, 28 days ago
Campus: Northridge Job ID: 531048 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: August 25, 2023 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9)...
Assistant Professor Department Of Finance, Financial Planning, And Insurance 23 34, California State University, Northridge, United States, 19 days ago
Details Posted: 06-Sep-23 Location: Northridge, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Business/Finance Internal Number: 4563087 Assistant Professor - Department of F...