Job Posting Title
Student Programs Coordinator - Financial Aid
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One year professional experience in a student affairs, student personnel setting, or higher education
- Master’s Degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a Financial Aid environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on team projects
- More than one year professional experience in a student affairs, student personnel setting, or higher education
Appointment Date: May 2019
Application Deadline: Priority deadline is April 25, 2019, but job will remain posted until filled.
Salary: $17.36 per hour
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
This position is responsible for supporting the Student Employment and Kansas Career Workstudy programs, various federal and state grant programs, and other financial aid processes. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with Student Employment Programs, including determining student eligibility, managing the waitlist, and monitoring workstudy earnings.
- Manage the Kansas Career Workstudy (KCWS) Program, including determining student eligibility, monitoring earnings, and working with employers participating in the program.
- Assist departments with recruitment and hiring processes for student employees.
- Assist with Pell Grant processing, including monitoring recalculations, lifetime limits, and reconciliation.
- Coordinate the processing of TEACH Grants, including eligibility determination and exit counseling.
- Process consortium agreements, including communicating with students and schools and adjusting awards.
- Communicate with students and families regarding various financial aid and student employment processes.
- Perform other office management functions as needed or assigned by the Director.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
ABOUT HAYS, KS
Candidates will discover a locale where professional satisfaction and career achievement are paired with an optimal quality of life. Fort Hays State University is located in Hays, Kansas, a vibrant, growing community of over 20,000 that takes great pride in the University's presence. Hays is a celebration of historic and contemporary contrasts, evidenced in its frontier roots highlighted throughout the city and local museums and in its redeveloped downtown area where residents enjoy one-of-a-kind restaurants, unique shopping, and a vibrant arts scene. This community’s commitment to the future inspires Hays businesses to reinvest locally.
A welcoming and family-centered community, Hays offers premier healthcare services, a growing high-tech and retail business community, and excellent Pre-K and K–12 schools in both the private and public sectors. The City of Hays has long been known as a safe community, and the FHSU campus is recognized by the National Council for Home Safety and Security in 2018 as one of the Top 100 Safest College Campuses in America. For entertainment, recreation, education, employment, or simply for a comfortable place to live, residents of all ages will find in Hays the elements that contribute to a safe, enjoyable, and fulfilling lifestyle.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.
Financial Controller, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Financial Controller Classification Title Associate Vice Chancellor Position Number 01203043 Hours Per Week 40 Department Assoc Vice Chancellor A...
Enrollment And Academic Records Coordinator, Kansas City University of Medicine & Biosciences, United States, about 6 hours ago
Job Type: Staff Job Description: The Enrollment and Academic Records Coordinator performs complex work in administering processes and providing services related to student academic records, regist...
Undergraduate Engagement Librarian, University of Kansas, United States, about 11 hours ago
14287BR Libraries-General Position Overview The University of Kansas Libraries seeks a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative individual to join the faculty. Reporting to the Head of the Center f...
Grants Administrator 1 (Pre Award), University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Grants Administrator 1 (Pre-Award) Classification Title Budget Analyst Position Number 01203017 Hours Per Week 40 Department Sponsored Program Ad...
19 107 Aviation Weather Website Programmer/Developer, Colorado State University, United States, about 7 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title 19-107 Aviation Weather Website Programmer/Developer Position Location Kansas City, MO Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 20...
Co Teacher 2, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Co-Teacher 2 Classification Title Teaching Assistant Position Number J0085942 Hours Per Week 40 Department Project Eagle Campus Location Kansas C...