Student Night Auxiliary Patrol (SNAP) Member - Institutional Student Worker
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a student worker as a Student Night Auxiliary Patrol (SNAP) Member. The SNAP program provides safety escorts to the University of North Georgia community during nights and crosswalk duties at times of need. To perform the safety escorts, members of SNAP will utilize an electric golf cart to transport the persons, may walk with the persons, or watch those needing escorts from a vantage point. SNAP members are non-sworn and operate under the guidance and supervision of the UNG Department of Public Safety. SNAP members will be working outdoors and in the UNG Communications Center at times to receive and dispatch requests for escorts.
The Student Night Auxiliary Patrol (SNAP) Member will:
- Respond to and provide safety escorts, works shift in Communications Center answering calls for and dispatching SNAP members to safety escorts, perform crosswalk duties, and perform any other duties needed.
- Receive requests for escorts, while in the UNG Public Safety Communications Center, and dispatches the requests to fellow SNAP members operating the SNAP golf-carts during that shift.
- Perform crosswalk duties by occupying a position in designated crosswalks to ensure person(s) are able to safely cross.
- Knowledge of campus geography
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to safely operate a golf cart
Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Staff Coordinator, Saint Leo University, United States, about 1 month ago
Job Description Summary Provide administrative support in a variety of tasks assisting the Gainesville Education Center. Job Description DUTIES AND TASKS: Manage all walk-ins and incoming calls. P...