Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Shift Vary (United States of America)
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only ):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .
ICE | PTSL Pharmacy Student IP
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Intern will assist and support the pharmacist in the day-to-day dispensing operation of patient care. The dispensing operation includes gathering the appropriate medication, researching data in the EPIC computer system, compounding medications, maintaining appropriate and adequate stock in all pharmacy areas, and other duties related to dispensing medication to the patient. The Pharmacy Intern will prioritize work based on immediate needs and a rapidly changing workload. The pharmacy technician will work as a team member to efficiently, and accurately perform day-to-day work along with any additional tasks or projects to help achieve departmental goals.
The Pharmacy Intern will assist Pharmacy Technicians I, II, and III as it relates to day-to-day dispensing functions, tasks, and job duties to provide timely and efficient patient service. They will assist with prioritizing day-to-day workflow and immediate needs.
Pharmacy Intern License by the Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician License by the Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy
Enrolled in an ACPE accredited college/school of pharmacy
- Takes the initiative to assist with IV compounding under the direction of the IV pharmacist.
- Assemble products for the preparation of parenteral medication.
- Reconstitute, measure, and add medications to a parenteral fluid under the supervision and checking of the preparation by a pharmacist.
- Prepare multi-additives parenteral medications fluid under the supervision and checking of the preparation by a pharmacist.
- Break down and clean the TPN admixture machine. Then assemble for the next day.
- Maintains clean work surfaces, hoods, and classified spaces by using proper techniques and following policies and procedures.
- Maintains neat and clean work surfaces in all dispensing areas
- Pulling and labeling medications prior to dispensing.
- Handling compounded products (tubing, delivering, etc.)
- Contacting nurses with secure codes for compounded narcotic products
- Rotating stock appropriately based on expiration dates
- Process expired, damaged, and recalled pharmacy products
- Upkeep of sterile and non-sterile compounding areas
- Signs logs appropriately for work assigned
- Maintaining adequate stock of pre-made and frozen IV products
- Monitor and record temperature, humidity, and pressure logs
- Accurately pick and fills medication carts. Averages less than four errors daily while picking the medication carts.
- Processes and expedites delivery of STAT/NOW orders as soon as possible using Dispense Tracking.
- Use the hospital-wide EPIC system to track medication dispensing to the unit.
- Packages Unit Dose medications accurately.
- Understanding and handling, “Hazardous Drugs” and following all policies related to medication processing.
- Monitors and processes Pyxis Stock Outs as soon as possible.
- Notifies a pharmacist when medications are ready for checking.
- Filling crash cart trays using the Kitcheck system and restocking emergency boxes and trays.
- Assist with pharmacy automation via Robot and Med Carousel.
- Answers/Receives and prescreens phone calls. Demonstrate good phone etiquette.
- Manage Pyxis inventory, including accurate selection and refilling of medication. Loading and unloading medication and resolving discrepancies.
- Understands how to operate all equipment (CII safe, Pyxis, load printers, fax machines, etc.).
- Delivers medication carts accurately and promptly.
- Delivers Pyxis accurately and promptly.
- Distributes controlled substances on the weekends and holidays.
- Maintains security of controlled substances.
Other duties as assigned.
Customer Service: Interacts with and assists the public in a professional and friendly manner as needed. Demonstrates effective communication skills; communicates accurate and complete information; maintains strict confidentiality when necessary. Demonstrates positive working relationships with co-workers, management team, and ancillary departments; follows the Core Concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care and the Basic Code of Conduct Guidelines. Assist internal and external stakeholders as needed with exceptional customer service.
- Inside Medical Facility Environment
Visual Requirements (select all that apply):
- Near visual acuity
- Color discrimination
- Depth perception
- Sharp Objects/Tools Dust Heavy Machinery
Includes holidays as scheduled; may be asked to adjust the schedule to cover alternate shifts as needed by the department
17.55 per hour
License or Certificate (see special instructions for submission instructions), List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
Per Diem Registered Pharmacy Technician, Stony Brook University, Peru, 10 days ago
Per Diem Registered Pharmacy Technician Position Summary At Stony Brook Medicine, a Registered Pharmacy Technician is a valuable member of our team who, under the direct personal supervision of a ...
Instructor, University of Alberta, Canada, about 12 hours ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). While this position welcomes applications from individuals external to the university, curren...
Pharmacy Tech Ii Part Time, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 2 days ago
This position offers generous sign on bonus to external hires. Shift Differentials: 17% - week nights 26% - weekend nights 15% - weekend days Department: Pharmacy - Inpatient - UH FTE: 0.50 Part T...
Pharmacy Tech Iii, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 16 days ago
This position offers generous sign on bonus to external hires. Department: Pharmacy - 340B Contract FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Days Position Summary: Perform the duties of Pharmacy Tech I and II a...
Professional Practice Fellow/Senior Professional Practice Fellow Experiential Practice (Auckland), University of Otago, New Zealand, about 12 hours ago
Professional Practice Fellow/Senior Professional Practice Fellow - Experiential Practice (Auckland)-2300113 SCHOOL OF PHARMACY DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES Who we are/Mō te tīma The University of O...
Research Pharmacy Tech Ii, Emory University, United States, 1 day ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...