The Career Center Career Advisement Team (CAT) Member will help support the mission of the office by assisting in the development, support and promotion of career related events and programs for the Purdue Northwest campus community while assisting with recruitment functions.
- Provide quality customer service to all campus constituents (faculty, staff, students, employers and partners) via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Collaborate with professional staff on brainstorming, planning and execution of career related events that are on or off campus and online.
- Collaborate with key campus offices (Campus Police, Facilities, etc) to ensure seamless execution of events and programs.
- Participate in various outreach activities, including giving campus presentations and representing the Career Center events and programs.
- Provide basic but effective Career Advising to students and alumni on application materials and career resources.
- Guide students and alumni through office resources and services.
- Manage employers connecting with PNW through Handshake and processing employers.
- Scheduling meetings and appointments for pro staff members.
- Support the data collection, analysis and reporting and to turn that data into actionable information.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment, managing complex data sets, on multiple projects with a range of deadlines.
- Provide flexibility and openness to assist employers, students, staff members during events.
- Guiding employers/students/alumni to correct locations on campus and ensuring management of registrations.
- Provide excellent customer service in assisting employers and job seekers.
- Light to moderate lifting
Marketing & Social Media:
- Develop professional press releases and establish documented procedures for events, including assessment strategies that measure outcomes of events.
- Develop social media and marketing content for employer events and postings.
- Utilize all social media platforms in marketing out events and employer offerings.
- Collaborate with staff for online content to be shared through various marketing and social media platforms.
- Utilize Canva, Sendible and Microsoft products for creation of marketing materials.
- Maintain platform engagement and branding.
- Keep up with trends in order to develop timely content for PNW audiences.
- Monitor and report expenditures related to marketing efforts.
Data Management and Analysis
- Assist with the collection of data in a variety of areas such as satisfaction surveys, graduate outcome surveys, and other key performance indicators through various on-campus strategies and via phone calls.
- Processing Graduate Outcome data for university reporting.
- Catalog the data collection resources that are currently gathered, which includes keeping a master schedule of surveys, data collection periods and purpose of assessments.
- Analyze multiple data sets to determine trends, and recommend process improvements, including establishing a design of measures where there are none, and automate metrics and reports.
- Create graphs, dash boards, tables within Microsoft and Google Software.
Employment Opportunities Coordination
- Communicate employment opportunities and requirements based on job opportunities shared with the Career Center.
- Assist in making connections between students and recent alumni with employers looking to fill employment opportunities.
- Utilize First Destination Data to identify students and recent graduates that are looking for employment opportunities.
- Contact partners by email, phone calls, and social media to assist in filling employment opportunities with employers.
Current PNW Federal Work-Study Student
- PNW Student. GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Interests or background in communication, marketing/branding, human resources
- Experience in customer service in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Between .5 - 2 years of experience preferred
Data analyst specifications
- PNW student in programs such as business analytics, computer science
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience in MS Excel, creating Pivots, VLookups, HLookups and macros
Hvac Mechanic, Central Heating And Cooling, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 21 hours ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Ten paid vacation days first year of employment Ten paid holidays University paid and matching c...
Visiting Assistant Professor: Hammond And Westville, Indiana, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 10 hours ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPurdue University NorthwestLocationHammond and Westville, IndianaJob CategoryFaculty AppointmentsSalaryTBDSt...
Pnw Assistant/Associate Professor, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Department of Engineering Technology in the College of Technology at Purdue University Northwest (PNW) in Hammond, Indiana is accepting applications for a tenure-track assistant or associate p...
Academic Advisor, School Of Education & Counseling, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 21 hours ago
Full benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Retirement, Life Insurance and more Accrue 15 days’ vacation your first year, then 22 days’ vacation your 2nd year plus rollover Uni...
Head Men's Ice Hockey Coach And Director Of Hockey Operations, Intercollegiate Athletics, Purdue University Northwest, United States, about 21 hours ago
Part of the internationally respected Purdue University system, Purdue University Northwest offers world-class educational opportunities at an excellent value on two culturally diverse, student-ce...
Associate Director, Employer Relations, Relationship Management, The University of Chicago, United States, 7 days ago
Department Booth Career Services FT: Employer Relations 1 About the Department The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest business school in the U.S. and second to non...