The Department of Radiology in the Stanford University School of Medicine practices professionalism, integrity, personal responsibility, and service. We recognize faculty members and administrative staff as valuable and collaborative team members in our work environment, and seek to identify and employ the highest quality individuals.
The Pediatric Radiology Division in the Department of Radiology is focused on excellent clinical care, education and research. Our faculty are esteemed international experts in Pediatric Imaging, and our efforts improve the health and lives of children and their families through detection and diagnosis using innovative imaging tests.
We are seeking an experienced Administrative Associate 3 (AA) to provide administrative or operational support the Pediatric Radiology Division with limited supervision. The AA will work with expert faculty and trainees, and through their support contribute to better patient clinical care and outcomes. Primary duties include support of the Pediatric Radiology Division Chief and Stanford Children’s Hospital Radiologist-in-Chief, other faculty and the management of faculty clinical schedules. The AA’s responsibilities encompass a spectrum of clinical, education and research coordination and support. The candidate must have strong communication and judgement skills and be highly organized, extremely detail oriented, and able to multi-task and work independently. The AA may be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
- Advisor for administrative support of the pediatric radiology residency and fellowship programs.
- Grant and Protocol submission and reporting support. Preparation and management of IRBs.
- On and off boarding and on-going support for new Pediatric Radiology faculty, lab personnel, Medical students, trainees and interns.
- Welcome and assist scholars/trainees and VIP visitors to the Pediatric Radiology Division and Facility.
- Coordinate and process paperwork for Pediatric Radiology faculty recruits and manage applications and interview schedules.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Research Technician Bergmann Lab, HHMI, United States, about 8 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically cu...
Budget And Administrative Specialist, The California State University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499906 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 12, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...
Men's Basketball Head Coach, The California State University, United States, 24 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499367 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 17, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Director, Humanities And The Arts Student Success Center, The California State University, United States, 29 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499412 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 15, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4) ...
Associate Director For Student Athlete Success Services, The California State University, United States, 28 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499390 Job Title: Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 16, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Management Personnel Plan (MPP) Link to Apply Online: htt...
Guardian Scholars Program Coordinator, The California State University, United States, 10 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499643 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 30, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: Academic Support (Unit 4) ...