Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Stanford Center for Professional Development
The Stanford Center for Professional Development is a leader in global, online and extended education. Established in 1995, we are located on the Stanford University campus and work with Stanford faculty, departments, schools, and centers to design and deliver engaging, high-quality online, in-person, and blended learning experiences to both matriculated students and a global audience of learners.
SCPD operates and manages Stanford Online , Stanford’s online learning provider, and provides access to credit-bearing courses, certificates and degrees; professional education; group and custom programs, and free and open access content. We also operate and manage a number of technology-rich classrooms and studios as well as a variety of educational technology tools and platforms. We support Stanford teaching teams in the utilization of different pedagogical approaches and technologies to improve faculty impact and learner outcomes. SCPD increases access to Stanford teaching and research and fosters a global community of learners, industry leaders, and Stanford faculty & instructors.
The Student and Client Services Officer administers and supports SCPD professional certificate programs, graduate certificate programs, and part-time master’s degree programs. The role is responsible for making recommendations and resolving routine first level decisions on issues regarding admission, registration, visa services, advising, and academic services using defined policies and practices and professional knowledge.
- Administer an area or program in student services, evaluate and recommend decisions on program eligibility. Review decisions recommended by other staff.
- Collaborate with others to help resolve program issues and concerns, interpret policies, and mediate complex and sensitive issues. May be tasked with evaluating and recommending program improvements.
- Resolve multi-dimensional matters in response to students in crisis, at risk, or who have other program issues, counsel students and parents on sensitive and confidential issues.
- Provide guidance and counsel, oversee and develop a wide range of programs and services, analyze effectiveness and make recommendations for future programs.
- Reconcile complex issues; analyze diverse transactions from multiple sources.
- Summarize data from multiple sources, prepare manage reports and presentations.
- Identify and evaluate data needs, manage the implementation and development of technology.
- Develop and implement plans for outreach efforts, develop and maintain external community and university liaison represent department and university at meetings and events.
- Provide advice to students on a range of issues, including, but not limited to, academic progress, academic program policies, career plans, accessibility, community standards, etc., in order to guide them in making appropriate choices and decisions. May have to escalate issues to a senior advisor.
- Apprise students of research, fellowship and scholarship opportunities, make recommendations and may award grants.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to students and other departments; represent unit/department.
- Lead, create and contribute to development of business practices and organizational change to improve processes and workflow.
- May oversee, analyze and assist in financial processes and development of budgets.
- Serve as a key member of a project team.
- May train and supervise other staff, volunteers and temporary workers.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu .
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research Technician Bergmann Lab, HHMI, United States, about 12 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, scientifically cu...
Research Specialist Kingsley Lab, HHMI, United States, about 12 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a highly talented, resourceful Res...
Computer Analyst/It Professional Neural Data Analyses, HHMI, United States, about 12 hours ago
Primary Work Address: Beckman Center, Stanford, CA, 94305-5323 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently looking for a goal-oriented, proactive Compute...
Lecturer, Stanford University, United States, 2 days ago
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS STANFORD UNIVERSITY The Department of Mathematics at Stanford University seeks to hire one or more Lecturers. The possible appointments are for one year, beginning in Sep...
Assistant Director, Career Development And Experiential Learning San Francisco Bay Area, Northeastern University, United States, 25 days ago
Assistant Director, Career Development and Experiential Learning - San Francisco Bay Area About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leade...
Hpc System Administrator, The California State University, United States, 19 days ago
Campus: San Jose Job ID: 499474 Job Title: Appointment Type: Probationary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: March 19, 2021 Closing Date: Open until filled Benefits Link: CSUEU (Unit 2, 5, 7, 9) Li...