Adler University, Vancouver Campus is seeking an experienced Student Accounts and Financial Aid Advisor. Under the general guidance of the Director of Administration and Finance, the Student Accounts and Financial Aid Advisor ensures exceptional business processes in relation to the efficient operation of financial aid advising, application and disbursement processing, student billing, and related functions of the University. The Financial Aid advisor is a champion for business process improvement and effective student communications and works closely with the Director of Administration on the development, management, delivery, maintenance and bench-marking of services, systems and related policies for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years progressive financial aid/ student accounts or higher education experience required, experience in graduate academia preferred
- Innate attention for detail, well-organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities within diverse populations
- Demonstration of professional punctuality and organizational leadership
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook); competence in database management
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Student Accounts (Finance):
- Process registration invoicing/payments via Colleague into the Sage Accounting system
- Work with Registrar in add/drop processing as well as audits to ensure accuracy between the Colleague and Sage systems
- Contact students with balances owing on account at the end of each month and process tuition payments
- Report delinquent accounts at the end of each term to the Director of Administration
- Apply interest charges to delinquent student accounts
- Manages the tracking of international student deposits and provides receipt letters for international admissions advisors
- Oversee payment plans for students
- Oversee the processing of T2202A tax forms and T4A tax forms
- Apply bursary and scholarship disbursements to student accounts
- Prepare student refunds for review and approval
- Sits as a member of the scholarship committee
Financial Aid Advising
- Advise new and current students on loan applications and financial planning for their program
- oversee the processing of provincial student loan applications, disbursement of funds to student accounts, confirmation of enrollments (National Student Loans)
- Prepare institutional designation agreements, and program eligibility declarations annually
- Track and monitor all student loan applications and records in accordance with provincial and federal guidelines
Please submit a PDF version of your CV/resume and letter of interest upon application. All applications will be review and considered as they are submitted through September 2020.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
Adler University is committed to the principle of equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and potential employees, along with a discrimination and harassment - free workplace environment. Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Management Assistant Officer (Student Finance), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 23 hours ago
Management Assistant Officer (Student Finance) - 00DMJ Description To provide support on student loans, scholarships/bursaries disbursement and corporate billing. Duties & Responsibilities Study L...
Director, Student Financial Services Enrollment Services 72547, UTMB Health, United States, 27 days ago
Job ID 72547 Job Title Director, Student Financial Services - Enrollment Services Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit ACDVP Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Min Qualifi...
Financial Aid Processor/Loans, Arizona State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
63802BR Campus: Tempe Financial Aid Processor Job Description In a high volume processing environment, a financial aid processor prepares and processes student financial aid files in accordance wi...
University Admissions New Student Advisor, University of Advancing Technology, United States, about 4 hours ago
The University of Advancing Technology is looking for a New Student Advisor, who is the primary contact for students from they point when they enroll until they start classes. The role of the New ...
Senior Accountant, American University in Cairo, Egypt, 3 days ago
Purpose: The main purpose of the position is assuring that tuition and the fees charged and collected are following the university policies and procedures. Assure that student payments by Citibank...
Pension And Benefits Advisor (Temporary), University of Alberta, Canada, 20 days ago
This temporary position has an end date 10 months from the date of appointment. The Benefit and Pension Advisor (P&B Advisor) reports directly to the Manager, Payroll and Benefit Services. The P&B...