Position Summary: The Stewardship and Alumni Engagement manager will be responsible for managing the overall strategy for alumni engagement, next generation business and annual giving. The strategy will include building a pipeline of new relationships and giving from alumni and new donors while helping enhance current stewardship practices.
- Lead and work with the team in developing new strategies to deepen existing relationships and uncover new ones that resonate with BU’s mission.
- Build long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
- Plan and organize major community outreach projects, activities, and events for alumni, donors, and prospects.
- Develop stewardship communication pieces including reports, requests, and updates for donors, prospects, and events to sustain and grow current base of support.
- Develop and implement creative recognition plans for donors.
Alumni and Community Engagement & Giving
- Create and manage annual engagement approaches and giving programs for new and existing donors that are aligned with BU’s mission and strategic plan.
- Create and manage implementation of strategies to engage current and new constituents to support BU.
- Create and manage an innovative system of engagement for BU’s 60,000+ alumni leading them to stronger relationships and giving.
- Create and manage innovative donor-centered community engagement strategies to reach next-generation business and community leaders aligned with BU’s mission.
- Work with Director Advancement Services on developing systems of sharing information with other departments in identification and communicating relationship-building activities and the use of donor data.
- Work with the Vice President of Advancement to identify donor interests to feed projects and fundraising campaigns.
- Assist is raising annual and major gift funds in support of University’s funding priorities.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the VP, Advancement.
Individual Contributor Competencies:
- Relationship Builder with passion and charisma; superior communication skills to express, both orally and in writing. Articulating and exuding the mission of Bellevue University and its innovative educational model with clarity and persuasion; ability to credibly and compellingly present the Bellevue story to external and internal constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage engagement strategies for alumni, friends, and new donors.
- Demonstrated Track Record of Success with a proven record of accomplishment in individual, corporate, or foundation relations; planning, implementation, management, and successful conclusion of a major campaign is highly desirable.
- Action-Oriented, hard-working with an ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, changing, and interactive environment; self-starting, self-motivating with the ability to show results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner; customer-focused, dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations and requirements of internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated the Ability to Collaborate and work well with the department and cross-functional teams; ability to develop trust and strong collaborative working relationships.
- Strong Competency in Leading Others to a place of giving that is comfortable for them; driven to operate through organized planning where monitoring progress and results in a deadline-driven environment is natural.
- Initiative - Takes prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
- Service Orientation – Applies effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills when responding to customers and is committed to customer satisfaction.
- Quantity/Quality of Work - Pays close attention to detail. Strives to achieve accuracy and consistency in all tasks.
- Benefactor Focus - the ability to keep the donor at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Exhibits passion for improving and creating lasting partnerships with individuals, foundations, and funding organizations.
- Inclusivity - Understands that each individual is unique; recognizes individual differences along the dimensions of: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, education, training, position, and level of authority, seniority, full-time or part-time status.
- Customer Focus - Cultivates a positive customer service relationship and two-way communication; identifies and understands the needs wants, and expectations of customers, whether internal or external; delivers products and services that meet customer expectations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Experience building systems, and designing and implementing constituent relationships.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fund-raising constituents.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably in a large non-profit organization.
- Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, annual giving, major gifts, or planned giving.
- Previous experience in fundraising, alumni relations, volunteer management, or a related field
- Experience with donor relations/stewardship as it relates to fundraising and donor relations.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects.
Other Requirements: N/A
Computer Skills: General office and internet skills. Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
Certificates & Licenses: N/A
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements: N/A
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a typical office environment.
- May have long or irregular hours.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information , provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf , provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Assistant Track And Field Coach, Ave Maria University, United States, about 23 hours ago
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The primary duties are to assist in team coaching, teaching, training, individual student athlete skill development, and to prepare the team for competition. Other duties include,...
Development Associate, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 1 day ago
Development Associate PAE-Office of the Vice Chancellor - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23007053) Works with higher gift officers to increase effectiveness of fundraising efforts. Prepares written ma...
Institutional Advancement Content Research Writer, Ave Maria University, United States, about 23 hours ago
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Ave Maria University’s Marketing and Communications (UMC) team seeks applications for a writer to join our team in conceptualizing, writing, and editing compelling content for our...
Development Assistant, Central European University, Hungary, about 14 hours ago
Position: Staff Location: Budapest Status: Full-time Unit: Development Office E-mail: email@example.com Open for Employee Referral Application deadline: Open until filled Starting date: As soon as...
Development Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 26 days ago
94870BR Campus: Tempe Development Specialist Job Description ASU Cultural Affairs is seeking a professional to provide administrative, data management and event support to the development efforts ...
Development Assistant Specialist, Office Of The Associate Vice President And Dean Of Development, Faculty Of Arts And Sciences, Harvard University, United States, about 23 hours ago
18-Sep-2023 Alumni Affairs and Development 63695BR Job Summary Alumni Affairs and Development is a dedicated team supporting Harvard’s advancement activity through front-line fundraising, alumni a...