The Staff Research Associate will assist with the breeding, maintenance, and study of research animals (mice) and provide direct support of Principal Investigator, postdocs, and PhD students in their projects. In this role you will perform enzymatic assays of lipids and perform flow cytometry studies; as well as perform ELISA Assays, immunocytochemistry studies, enzyme activity assays with radioactive substrates, SDS-PAGE, and western blotting. Additional responsibilities include updating animal protocols, submitting orders for animal purchases, and overseeing the transfer of animals to-and-from UCLA while also ensuring compliance with UCLA guidelines for laboratory work and animal experimentation and rules for controlled substances.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
• Experience in animal handling
• Needs to be knowledgeable about cell culture and cell transfixion
• Must be proficient in performing high-quality western blots and SDS-polyacrylamide get
• BS/BA in Molecular Biology or related field
• Experience using basic laboratory equipment (centrifuges, spectrophotometer, PCR machines, pH meter, balances, gel documentation) and familiar with both PC and Apple computer systems and software programs (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Understanding of University procedures and policies for working with biohazard, radioactive and hazardous chemicals, and their disposal.
• General knowledge of chemistry and meticulous preparation of reagents.
• Understanding of University procedures and policies for working with animals and controlled substances.
• Candidate must be highly organized and able to maintain up-to-date breeding records and inventories of different mouse strains.
• Prior experience with the handling of mice, ear marking for identification, tail sampling for the isolation of DNA, weaning of animals, and PCR-based genotyping are highly desirable.
Postdoctoral Scientist Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ibd) Underhill Lab, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 5 days ago
Requisition # HRC0570480 With your help, we can change the future of healthcare! Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations tha...
Sr Research Associate, University of Southern California, United States, 2 days ago
The Senior Research Associate position is available at the USC Brain Tumor Center (BTC). Key research areas will be focus on primary and metastatic brain tumors. This series is designed for career...
Research Associate I Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ibd) Underhill Lab, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 4 days ago
Research Associate I - Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) - Underhill Lab Apply Now Share Requisition # HRC0574431 Principal Investigator, David Underhill, PhD, is looking for a Research Associate I...
Postdoctoral Fellow Lymphoma Research, City of Hope, United States, 11 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life...
Postdoctoral Fellow Diabetes Complications And Metabolism, City of Hope, United States, 9 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer, type 1 diabe...
Postdoctoral Fellow Molecular Pathogenesis Of Lymphoid Malignancies, City of Hope, United States, about 20 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other lif...