The Staff Research Associate II (SRA II) will work on MRI data as part of ongoing studies in Multiple Sclerosis. The SRA II will have the opportunity to work closely with imaging scientists and engineers, as well as Neuroradiologists and Neurologists. The focus of the work will be on analyzing, and integrating advanced MRI imaging data on patients with Multiple Sclerosis as well as control volunteers.
This job is for processing MRI data including the use of automated scripted pipelines and manual corrections on a computer. This data is used in research studies, specifically for Multiple Sclerosis research, and is routinely processed for that purpose. Also included will be the compilation of datasets for a specific study in order to present results at a scientific conference. Generally, the role will be supportive in providing data to ongoing and future studies using quantitative MRI metrics, with potential for presenting work at conferences.
Throughout the Department of Neurology at UCSF, our mission is to deliver superb patient care, to apply state-of-the-art translational research methods to discover the causes of and treatments for human nervous system disorders, and to educate each generation of medical students, neurology residents and postdoctoral fellows. By fostering cross-disciplinary interactions among scientists around the world, we accelerate the pace of discovery and champion the University's global health initiatives.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree in a related science and one or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience working in biomedical engineering and medical imaging research
• Scientific background and / or experience in clinical research with basic scientific methodology and neuroanatomy
• Excellent computer skills
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Demonstrated record of reliability & excellent attendance; must have a proven record of successfully working independently with little direction
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; must be a self-starter and proactive in work habits, and able to work independently under tight deadlines
• Excellent ability for initiative and teamwork in contributing to study objectives that often involve many moving parts and cross-functional flexibility
• Ability to work well with others, act as a team leader, and follow-through on projects to completion
• Experience with Unix shell scripting
• Excellent skills with Macintosh, Unix / Linux, Excel
• Well-developed knowledge of medical image processing
• Scientific computation involving basic statistics
• Computational modeling experience
• Proficient in Python
• Scientific programming experience
Job Code and Payroll Title
9617 Staff Research Associate II-Non Exempt
Sandler Neurosciences Center 675 Nelson Rising Lane
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Research Assistant, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, 8 days ago
Berkeley Lab’s Molecular Foundry Division has an opening for a Research Assistant. The Molecular Foundry has an opportunity for a Research Assistant to work with the staff of the Molecular Foundry...
Research Assistant Dr. Stephanie Siehr [Grad. Only], University of San Francisco, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title: Research Assistant- Dr. Stephanie Siehr [Grad. Only] Job Summary: The Environmental Science Department is seeking a graduate student to provide research assistance for Dr. Stephanie Sie...
Research Assistant Prof. Stephanie Siehr [Undergrad. Only], University of San Francisco, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title: Research Assistant- Prof. Stephanie Siehr [Undergrad. Only] Job Summary: The Environmental Science Department is seeking an undergraduate student to provide research assistance to Prof....
Muse Student Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, about 1 month ago
Job Title: MUSE Student Assistant Job Summary: Help with Administrative tasks related to the Museum Studies MA program Full Job Description: Proofing manuals, updating the blog, updating spreadshe...
Art History Research Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title: Art History Research Assistant Job Summary: Research assistant Full Job Description: Assist Prof Catherine Lusheck with research Full-Time/Part-Time: Part time Pay Rate: Hourly Job Titl...