The Staff Research Associate II (SRA II) will work on MRI data as part of ongoing studies in Multiple Sclerosis. The SRA II will have the opportunity to work closely with imaging scientists and engineers, as well as Neuroradiologists and Neurologists. The focus of the work will be on analyzing, and integrating advanced MRI imaging data on patients with Multiple Sclerosis as well as control volunteers.
This job is for processing MRI data including the use of automated scripted pipelines and manual corrections on a computer. This data is used in research studies, specifically for Multiple Sclerosis research, and is routinely processed for that purpose. Also included will be the compilation of datasets for a specific study in order to present results at a scientific conference. Generally, the role will be supportive in providing data to ongoing and future studies using quantitative MRI metrics, with potential for presenting work at conferences.
Throughout the Department of Neurology at UCSF, our mission is to deliver superb patient care, to apply state-of-the-art translational research methods to discover the causes of and treatments for human nervous system disorders, and to educate each generation of medical students, neurology residents and postdoctoral fellows. By fostering cross-disciplinary interactions among scientists around the world, we accelerate the pace of discovery and champion the University's global health initiatives.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree in a related science and one or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience working in biomedical engineering and medical imaging research
• Scientific background and / or experience in clinical research with basic scientific methodology and neuroanatomy
• Excellent computer skills
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Demonstrated record of reliability & excellent attendance; must have a proven record of successfully working independently with little direction
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; must be a self-starter and proactive in work habits, and able to work independently under tight deadlines
• Excellent ability for initiative and teamwork in contributing to study objectives that often involve many moving parts and cross-functional flexibility
• Ability to work well with others, act as a team leader, and follow-through on projects to completion
• Experience with Unix shell scripting
• Excellent skills with Macintosh, Unix / Linux, Excel
• Well-developed knowledge of medical image processing
• Scientific computation involving basic statistics
• Computational modeling experience
• Proficient in Python
• Scientific programming experience
Job Code and Payroll Title
9617 Staff Research Associate II-Non Exempt
Sandler Neurosciences Center 675 Nelson Rising Lane
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Staff Research Associate (9613 C) #26813, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
This job involves conducting and/or supporting laboratory research, which may include routine or non-routine laboratory operations, data interpretation, development and performance of technical pr...
Undergraduate Research Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title: Undergraduate Research Assistant Job Summary: The Evbuomwan Research Lab is seeking a research assistant (RA) to synthesize and characterize a library of metal complexes for magnetic re...
Development Assistant (7546 U) #26870, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
• Learns to implement specific activities for fundraising and alumni relations programs and activities. • Provides comprehensive administrative support for front-line fundraising staff and help in...
Development Associate (7546 U) #26880, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
External Programs and Communications • In conjunction with associate director, develop, plan, and implement and evaluate programs and events that involve alumni, parents, students, and donors, to ...
Staff Research Associate Ii (9612 C) #26825, University of California, United States, 6 days ago
• Planning and Carrying Out Expriments: includes planning and executing greenhouse, growth chamber, and field studies; carrying out DNA/RNA extractions, PCR or qRT-PCR amplification, sequencing li...
Program Assistant Iv Graduate And Doctoral Nursing Programs, University of San Francisco, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Title: Program Assistant IV - Graduate and Doctoral Nursing Programs Job Summary: Provides administrative support to School of Nursing and Health Professions (SONHP) graduate nursing programs ...