The Staff Research Associate II (SRA II) will work on MRI data as part of ongoing studies in Multiple Sclerosis. The SRA II will have the opportunity to work closely with imaging scientists and engineers, as well as Neuroradiologists and Neurologists. The focus of the work will be on analyzing, and integrating advanced MRI imaging data on patients with Multiple Sclerosis as well as control volunteers.
This job is for processing MRI data including the use of automated scripted pipelines and manual corrections on a computer. This data is used in research studies, specifically for Multiple Sclerosis research, and is routinely processed for that purpose. Also included will be the compilation of datasets for a specific study in order to present results at a scientific conference. Generally, the role will be supportive in providing data to ongoing and future studies using quantitative MRI metrics, with potential for presenting work at conferences.
Throughout the Department of Neurology at UCSF, our mission is to deliver superb patient care, to apply state-of-the-art translational research methods to discover the causes of and treatments for human nervous system disorders, and to educate each generation of medical students, neurology residents and postdoctoral fellows. By fostering cross-disciplinary interactions among scientists around the world, we accelerate the pace of discovery and champion the University's global health initiatives.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree in a related science and one or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience working in biomedical engineering and medical imaging research
• Scientific background and / or experience in clinical research with basic scientific methodology and neuroanatomy
• Excellent computer skills
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Demonstrated record of reliability & excellent attendance; must have a proven record of successfully working independently with little direction
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; must be a self-starter and proactive in work habits, and able to work independently under tight deadlines
• Excellent ability for initiative and teamwork in contributing to study objectives that often involve many moving parts and cross-functional flexibility
• Ability to work well with others, act as a team leader, and follow-through on projects to completion
• Experience with Unix shell scripting
• Excellent skills with Macintosh, Unix / Linux, Excel
• Well-developed knowledge of medical image processing
• Scientific computation involving basic statistics
• Computational modeling experience
• Proficient in Python
• Scientific programming experience
Job Code and Payroll Title
9617 Staff Research Associate II-Non Exempt
Sandler Neurosciences Center 675 Nelson Rising Lane
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Physiology Research Associate (9612 C) #26487, University of California, United States, 5 days ago
The Exercise Physiology Laboratory under direction of Professor George A. Brooks conducts basic and applied research on substrate partitioning in men and women. Recently, Professor Brooks along wi...
Metagenomics Research Associate (9612 C) #26508, University of California, United States, about 12 hours ago
• Lead researcher on two shotgun sequencing data analysis projects (copper bioleaching, berkeley marina): determines methodology, analyzes data and interprets results, adjusts techniques appropria...
Senior Research Associate, Connection Lab, United States, about 21 hours ago
Connection Lab Senior Research Associate (PhD-Level) Who We Are: Connection Lab is a small behavioral research laboratory based in San Francisco, CA. We aim to produce high-quality research that f...
Lab Research Associate (9613 C) #26507, University of California, United States, about 12 hours ago
The Department of Nutritional Sciences & Toxicology (NST) focuses on the metabolic biology of nutrients and toxicants in relation to human health and disease. NST's research and curriculum span a ...
Associate Vice Provost Of International Initiatives, University of San Francisco, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title: Associate Vice Provost of International Initiatives Job Summary: The Associate Vice Provost of International Initiatives leads the university-wide effort to develop and promote academic...
Base Student Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, about 14 hours ago
Job Title: BASE Student Assistant Job Summary: The Black Achievement Success and Engagement (BASE) Program is seeking a motivated, resourceful and tech-savvy student to serve as a Social Media Coo...