Under supervision, the Staff Research Associate I (SRA I) will perform duties for a mobile sleep diary application research study. Primary effort will be committed to maintenance of the application web portal, AWS cloud-based server, and communication with mobile app developer. Part of the position will be committed to other study activities, with relative effort depending on month-to-month shifts in lab priorities.
Please Note: This is a 40% limited appointment with the end day on April 30, 2020.
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRY
The UCSF Department of Psychiatry is among the nation's foremost resources in the field of child, adolescent and adult mental health. Psychiatry faculty members are recognized for their leadership roles in state-of-the-art, comprehensive and compassionate patient care, pioneering research, excellence in training the next generation of leaders, advancing public policy to advance mental health, and commitment to diversity.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree in psychology, pre-med or a related field
• Strong computer skills and experience with REDCap, Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Demonstrated strong administrative and organizational skills, and to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns that arise during research activities or communications, maintaining a professional demeanor, and escalating issues when the situation calls for it
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent organizational skills; and excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse team
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based environment; project management and coordination skills; ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines on concurrent projects
• Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with patients, co-workers, & clinicians
• Prior experience in clinical settings is desirable
• Flexibility to accommodate participants requiring evening telephone instruction on some study procedures
• Prior experience in making presentations of research findings at scientific meetings
• Social science or behavioral health research experience
• Experience in a community or medical setting or research study participants. Prior experience in working with Chinese and / or Vietnamese community with different backgrounds and interact well with both genders
• Prior experience with clinical research: recruiting, collecting data, data entry, and good clinical practice
• Familiarity with Institutional Review Board (IRB) and other regulatory directives
• Prior experience with screening, interviewing, eliciting informed consent, scheduling and explaining study requirements to participants in clinical research studies
• Completion of Human Subject Protection Training
Job Code and Payroll Title
9613 Staff Research Associate I
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Chamberlain Postdoctoral Fellow, AcademicJobsOnline.Org, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:LBNLPhysics -Physics -CHAMBERLAINFY20 [#14390, 88154] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Berkeley, California 94720, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Phys...
Accounting Student Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Title: Accounting Student Assistant Job Summary: Create and update Excel spreadsheets, research and verify accounting transactions, assist with audit, research purchasing card transactions, or...
Base Student Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Title: BASE Student Assistant Job Summary: The Black Achievement Success and Engagement (BASE) Program is seeking a motivated, organized, resourceful and team oriented student to serve as the ...
Ultrafast Science Postdoctoral Fellow, Molecular Foundry, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory -Molecular Foundry -ULTRAFASTPD [#14339] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Berkeley, California 94720, United States [...
Quantum Information Science Postdoctoral Fellow, Molecular Foundry, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID:Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory -Molecular Foundry -QISPD [#14341] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Berkeley, California 94720, United States [map ] ...
Lab Assistant Brainard Lab Part Time, HHMI, United States, about 4 hours ago
Lab Assistant - Brainard Lab - Part-Time Tracking Code 1087-908 Job Description Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is an independent, ever-evolving philanthropy that supports basic biomedical ...