Staff Research Associates (SRAs) perform laboratory and / or field experimental procedures in support of academically-supervised research and teaching in the natural, physical or social sciences.
This is an entry-level position for processing MRI data including manual corrections of brain volumes on a computer. This data is used in research studies, specifically for Multiple Sclerosis research, and is routinely processed for that purpose. Also included will be the compilation of datasets for a specific study in order to present results at a scientific conference. Generally, the role will be supportive in providing data to ongoing and future studies using quantitative MRI metrics.
The SRA I will have the opportunity to work closely with imaging scientists and engineers, as well as Neuroradiologists and Neurologists. The focus of the work will be on analyzing, and integrating advanced MRI imaging data on patients with Multiple Sclerosis as well as control volunteers.
Throughout the Department of Neurology at UCSF, our mission is to deliver superb patient care, to apply state-of-the-art translational research methods to discover the causes of and treatments for human nervous system disorders, and to educate each generation of medical students, neurology residents and postdoctoral fellows. By fostering cross-disciplinary interactions among scientists around the world, we accelerate the pace of discovery and champion the University's global health initiatives.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree with a major in Biochemistry or a related science and some work experience utilizing techniques / methods required by the position and demonstrating technical expertise in these areas, or equivalent combination of education / experience
• Scientific programming experience
• Excellent computer skills
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Demonstrated record of reliability & excellent attendance; must have a proven record of successfully working independently with little direction
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; must be a self-starter and proactive in work habits, and able to work independently under tight deadlines
• Excellent ability for initiative and teamwork in contributing to study objectives that often involve many moving parts and cross-functional flexibility
• Ability to work well with others, and follow-through on projects to completion
• Scientific background and / or experience in clinical research with basic scientific methodology and neuroanatomy
• Exposure to biomedical engineering and medical imaging research
• Knowledge of Python and Unix shell scripting
• Excellent skills with Macintosh, Unix / Linux, Excel
• Well-developed knowledge of medical image processing
• Scientific computation involving basic statistics
• Computational modeling experience
Job Code and Payroll Title
9613 Staff Research Associate I
Sandler Neurosciences Center 675 Nelson Rising Lane
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Postdoctoral Position Martin Lab, HHMI, United States, about 9 hours ago
Postdoctoral Position - Martin Lab Tracking Code 1033-908 Job Description The Martin Lab at UC Berkeley is looking for a postdoc with strong expertise in biochemistry to address exciting questions...
Academic Hr Analyst 2 (7714 U) Job #27107 Eecs (Es), University of California, United States, about 8 hours ago
The College of Engineering at UC Berkeley is recognized for its educational and research excellence, consistently ranking among the top three Engineering colleges in the United States. With more ...
Research Associate I Center For Behavioral Health Research, University of Tennessee, United States, 1 day ago
Research Associate I - Center for Behavioral Health Research - 190000010K Description Regular Full-time, Pay Grade 40 Research Associate I THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION in STOCKTON, CA The Unive...
Confidential Office Assistant V: Direct Marketing Assistant, University of San Francisco, United States, about 13 hours ago
Job Title: Confidential Office Assistant V: Direct Marketing Assistant Job Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Confidential Office Assistant V: Direct Marketing Assistant is an integ...
Postdoctoral Scholar, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States, about 19 hours ago
Berkeley Lab's Environmental Genomics & Systems Biology Division has an opening for a Postdoctoral Scholar. Microbial communities comprise the dominant life form on earth and major drivers of glob...
Postdoctoral Fellow R32.1, AcademicJobsOnline.Org, United States, about 19 hours ago
Position ID:LBNLPhysics -Physics -HEPQPRPOSTDOC [#13801, 87074] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Berkeley, California 94720, United States [map ] Subject Areas: Physic...