Staff Research Associates (SRAs) perform laboratory and / or field experimental procedures in support of academically-supervised research and teaching in the natural, physical or social sciences.
This is an entry-level position for processing MRI data including manual corrections of brain volumes on a computer. This data is used in research studies, specifically for Multiple Sclerosis research, and is routinely processed for that purpose. Also included will be the compilation of datasets for a specific study in order to present results at a scientific conference. Generally, the role will be supportive in providing data to ongoing and future studies using quantitative MRI metrics.
The SRA I will have the opportunity to work closely with imaging scientists and engineers, as well as Neuroradiologists and Neurologists. The focus of the work will be on analyzing, and integrating advanced MRI imaging data on patients with Multiple Sclerosis as well as control volunteers.
Throughout the Department of Neurology at UCSF, our mission is to deliver superb patient care, to apply state-of-the-art translational research methods to discover the causes of and treatments for human nervous system disorders, and to educate each generation of medical students, neurology residents and postdoctoral fellows. By fostering cross-disciplinary interactions among scientists around the world, we accelerate the pace of discovery and champion the University's global health initiatives.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree with a major in Biochemistry or a related science and some work experience utilizing techniques / methods required by the position and demonstrating technical expertise in these areas, or equivalent combination of education / experience
• Scientific programming experience
• Excellent computer skills
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Demonstrated record of reliability & excellent attendance; must have a proven record of successfully working independently with little direction
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; must be a self-starter and proactive in work habits, and able to work independently under tight deadlines
• Excellent ability for initiative and teamwork in contributing to study objectives that often involve many moving parts and cross-functional flexibility
• Ability to work well with others, and follow-through on projects to completion
• Scientific background and / or experience in clinical research with basic scientific methodology and neuroanatomy
• Exposure to biomedical engineering and medical imaging research
• Knowledge of Python and Unix shell scripting
• Excellent skills with Macintosh, Unix / Linux, Excel
• Well-developed knowledge of medical image processing
• Scientific computation involving basic statistics
• Computational modeling experience
Job Code and Payroll Title
9613 Staff Research Associate I
Sandler Neurosciences Center 675 Nelson Rising Lane
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Metagenomics Research Associate (9612 C) #26508, University of California, United States, about 13 hours ago
• Lead researcher on two shotgun sequencing data analysis projects (copper bioleaching, berkeley marina): determines methodology, analyzes data and interprets results, adjusts techniques appropria...
Lab Research Associate (9613 C) #26507, University of California, United States, about 13 hours ago
The Department of Nutritional Sciences & Toxicology (NST) focuses on the metabolic biology of nutrients and toxicants in relation to human health and disease. NST's research and curriculum span a ...
Senior Research Associate, Connection Lab, United States, 3 days ago
Connection Lab Senior Research Associate (PhD-Level) Who We Are: Connection Lab is a small behavioral research laboratory based in San Francisco, CA. We aim to produce high-quality research that f...
Associate Vice Provost Of International Initiatives, University of San Francisco, United States, 7 days ago
Job Title: Associate Vice Provost of International Initiatives Job Summary: The Associate Vice Provost of International Initiatives leads the university-wide effort to develop and promote academic...
Institutions & Governance Sr. Program Associate (7397 U) #26617, University of California, United States, about 14 hours ago
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Associate will support research initiative development and implementation, as well as evidence dissemination for the EDI initiative and related activi...
Eecs Administrative Computing Group Tech Lead (0499 U) Job #26540 Eecs, University of California, United States, about 13 hours ago
The College of Engineering at UC Berkeley is recognized for its educational and research excellence, consistently ranking among the top three Engineering colleges in the United States. With more ...