Position accurately prepares and labels medications ensuring proper technique and supplies are utilized in the preparation of IV admixtures; supervises technicians and pharmacy students.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately prepares/labels medications ensuring proper technique/supplies are utilized in preparation of IV admixtures.
- Reviews medication orders and prescriptions for accuracy, safety and clinical appropriateness and processes these orders.
- Orders/receives investigational drugs and maintains accountability for division.
- Checks all work performed by technicians/students and checks all prescriptions/medication orders before dispensing.
- Provides current drug-related information to physicians/staff from most reliable sources available.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, securing/renewing licenses and registrations as required.
- Provides physicians/staff/patients with appropriate information concerning therapeutic actions, interactions, adverse effects and formulary status of medications.
- Participates in continuing education programs and pharmacy-related programs as required for license renewals and to maintain updated service.
- Experience in IV admixture.
- Working knowledge of current state and federal regulations affecting pharmacy practice.
- Demonstrated ability to implement standards of accuracy and judgment.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharm D degree.
- Basic Life Support certification. (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.)
- Current registration in the state of Missouri and/or Illinois depending on location as a Pharmacist; new graduates may fill this role subject to limitations mandated by the Missouri and/or Illinois State Board of Pharmacy pending results of their initial licensing examination.
$46.51 - $83.72 / Hourly
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one's qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view eligibility criteria.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two “Quick Apply” options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a LinkedIn feature, which allows you to apply by using your LinkedIn profile to populate some of the job application fields.
Lecturer (Pharmacy), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 4 days ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Medical sciences Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1...
Assistant Department Of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Croatia, 11 days ago
24 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry Department Microbiology Research Field Pharmacological sciences » Pharmacy Researcher Profile First Stage Rese...
Lecturer In The Department Of Pharmacology And Pharmacy, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy (21300) Categories: Teaching Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Lecturer in the Department of Pharmacology a...
Associate/Full Prof Dental Public Health And Epidemiology , QATAR UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Associate/Full Prof Dental Public Health and Epidemiology Recruiter QATAR UNIVERSITY Location Qatar (QA) Posted 31 May 2023 End of advertisement period 30 Jun 2023 Ref IRC25352 Academic Discipline...
Postdocotoral Position Centre For Applied Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry University of Zagreb, Croatia, 14 days ago
19 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry University of Zagreb Research Field Pharmacological sciences » Pharmacy Researcher Profile First Stage Researc...
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor (Clinical Pharmacy And Practice), QATAR UNIVERSITY, Qatar, 25 days ago
10 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company QATAR UNIVERSITY Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...