School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
- Oversee MBS alumni affairs to include but not limited to collecting and maintaining alumni data, tracking post MBS status such as health professions/other professional school matriculation, employment, etc.
- Prepare letters of recommendation and committee letters for MBS students and alumni applying to health professions or other schools.
- Oversee gap year experiences and job placements for MBS students.
- Assist with management of MBS student assessments, course evaluations, program evaluation and maintain assessment data for record retention.
- Create, prepare and distribute correspondence in support of the MBS program, such as MBS newsletter, emails, eblasts, etc. to faculty, students, applicants and alumni.
- Maintain the Assistant Dean of Premedical Education complex calendar to include scheduling meetings, arranging appointments and making travel reservations; provide necessary documents for the Assistant Dean and the MBS Administrative Coordinator to use in meetings; attend meetings as requested to take minutes.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for seminars and conferences and establish appointments, meetings and speaking engagements for the Assistant Dean of Premedical Education, MBS Administrative Coordinator, and MBS Faculty; attend meetings to take minutes, provide information and serve as a resource person.
- Organize and maintain divisional or departmental files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of MBS program; maintain up-to-date management and procedural manuals to include the MBS Handbook, MBS Selective, directives and related records.
- Assist with reconciliation of MBS program’s approximate FY budget receipts and expense reports.
- Assist in preparing complex reports and proposals requiring the identification of sources, compilation, analysis and evaluation of data to include, but not limited to the MBS Annual report.
- Assist in preparation of submission for posters and presentations at national meetings, such as AAMC, SGEA, NAAHP, etc.
- Screen and route mail and documents; determine which to respond to or which to bring to supervisor’s attention based on content of communication and broad knowledge of departmental programs and activities.
- Manage interfaces with other academic and administrative units.
- Represent the MBS program as needed.
- Serve as backup for MBS Program Assistant when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred, with three years’ experience in academic administration.
A master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2 years’ experience
or any other equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS): Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently, working with a diverse faculty and staff. Must demonstrate initiative, be able to set priorities, be comfortable with making decisions. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite. Strong communication skills, a warm & professional demeanor, and commitment to the program goals are essential. Must speak with authority and be able to manage complex relationships. This position may include travel, weekend and evening work occasionally.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Front End Developer , UNC-Chapel Hill, United States, 17 days ago
Classification Title: Front-End Developer Working Title: Front-End Developer Campus: UNC-Chapel Hill Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job Summary: The Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI) is a living ...
Admin Support Associate, University of North Carolina, United States, 16 days ago
Posting Details Position Type Temporary Staff (SHRA) Job Title Admin Support Associate Department Name Study of the Americas - 313900 Vacancy ID S016416 Position Posting Category Administrative/Cl...
Front End Developer, University of North Carolina, United States, 16 days ago
Posting Information Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF) Department Renaissance Computing Inst-637100 Working Title Front-End Developer Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty Position Posting Catego...
Research Technician Iii (Zylka Lab), University of North Carolina, United States, 9 days ago
Posting Details Position Type Temporary Staff (SHRA) Job Title Research Technician III (Zylka Lab) Department Name Cell Biology and Physiology - 422001 Vacancy ID S016452 Position Posting Category...
Research Technician I (Zylka Lab), University of North Carolina, United States, 19 days ago
Posting Details Position Type Temporary Staff (SHRA) Job Title Research Technician I (Zylka Lab) Department Name Cell Biology and Physiology - 422001 Vacancy ID S016417 Position Posting Category R...
Dev Ops Engineer, University of North Carolina, United States, 18 days ago
Posting Information Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF) Department Renaissance Computing Inst-637100 Working Title DevOps Engineer Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty Position Posting Category I...