Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
The Stacks and Circulation Supervisor (Library Specialist, Resources Management) is responsible for maintaining the library building and collections, and hiring, training, and supervising a team of student employees. This position is also responsible for Preservation/Conservation activities, collection inventory, large-scale shifting projects, maintaining documentation and statistics, and reporting any facilities issues. This position works closely with professors to create and maintain physical and electronic reserves for law school courses and is responsible for making sure all reserves materials are compliant with Emory fair-use guidelines. This is a full-time position, available immediately.
- Serve as supervisor of circulation desk, provide general circulation assistance including back-up for desk attendants by providing breaks and assistance as needed,
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate 2-3 stacks students, 3 Graduate Supervisors and 8-10 circulation students,
- Create and implement procedures to increase overall efficiency and accuracy of multiple Service Desk points,
- Maintain MLL’s student commons space,
- Ensure that the library is clean and orderly and items are shelved,
- Evaluate patrons' needs and determine circulation privileges, run reports and perform database cleanup on Law patron database using OPUS or other appropriate databases,
- Assist with documenting processes and workflows for department,
- Design and maintain physical and digital signage for library,
- Maintain physical course reserves and assist with electronic course reserves, Interlibrary Loan processing, and Document Delivery,
- Consult regularly with Head of Access Services to review policies and procedures, as well as implement circulation procedures,
- Run monthly reports and keep statistics on access and use of materials.
- Monitor and analyze usage behaviors and trends to maximize functional capacity of the law library’s space,
- Interpret library and circulation policies for patrons and staff,
- Compile and analyze statistics for collection use, growth, shelving and repair and produce statistical and narrative reports,
- Collect, maintain, and analyze collection use statistics and produce statistical and narrative reports,
- Monitor and analyze usage behaviors and trends via heat maps to maximize functional capacity of MLL space,
- Maintain documentation for and troubleshoot library scanners, printers, and other library technologies,
- Resolve collection access problems as they arise,
- Coordinate library space/usage with other law school departments,
- Maintain DVD collection and browsable database,
- Add and maintain proxy accounts for faculty Research Assistants,
- Produce stacks, directional and hours signage as needed for stacks areas and library entrances/exits.
- Make regular inspections of the library to oversee the condition of the library’s collections and equipment, especially Circulation equipment (desk PC’s, scanning stations),
- Maintain floorplans for entire library building,
- Supervise lost book searches and process found materials.
- Serve on university library as well as law library committees/working groups,
- Responsible for revision and distribution of the Disaster Plan and participate in implementation of the plan in emergency situations.
- Supervise preservation/conservation techniques (such as hinge tightening and mending)
- Assist in library outreach efforts and other special events,
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years of related experience, OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Relevant experience using ILLiad, OCLC, Ares, ALMA or similar.
- Strong customer service and communication skills,
- Ablity to move and lift up to 30 pounds, and have the ability to push/pull loaded book trucks,
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated capacity for carrying out tasks in an accurate and timely manner,
- Ability to work with bibliographic citations and materials in a variety of foreign languages,
- Ability to recognize and set priorities,
- Ability to master new skills quickly,
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills,
- Strong technology skills and demonstrated proficiency with computers and standard office, programs such as the MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled with a first review on October 2.
- Cover Letter
- We acknowledge that it takes time to complete a cover letter. We use the cover letter in our hiring process to evaluate communication skills.
- While a cover letter is not required to apply, providing a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications as well as why you are interested in working at Emory Law will enable us to assess your qualifications and suitability more efficiently and effectively for this position.
MORE ABOUT EMORY LAW:
Emory Law is a national and global leader in legal education that welcomes and supports a diverse law school community, produces path-breaking and influential scholarship, and offers exceptional teaching and practical learning opportunities that enable our alumni to become respected professionals and leaders in a rapidly changing world. Together, our community is working to secure a more fair and just society by advancing the rule of law. Our innovative strategic plan seeks to fuel the ambitions and success of the students, staff and faculty who are drawn to join the Emory Law community. We need people like you to join us so that our vision becomes reality.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Public Services Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 25 days ago
96939BR Campus: West Valley Public Services Specialist Job Description The Fletcher Library on the West campus seeks a Public Services Specialist to provide excellent information and circulation a...
Special Collections Librarian And Archivist, Harvard University, United States, 10 days ago
27-Nov-2023 Harvard College Library 64421BR Job Summary Although this position will remain posted until filled, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by end of day on February 5, 2024. Harva...
Research Public Services Librarian, Harvard University, United States, 27 days ago
09-Nov-2023 Harvard Medical School 64332BR Position Description Working as a member of the Research and Instruction Team (R&I), the Research Public Services Librarian will report to the Manager of...
University Assistant Predoctoral, Law, UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
34 Faculty of Law Startdate: 02.01.2024 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) Limited until: 30.09.2025 Reference no.: 1325 The Institute of Labo...
*Revised* Security Officer (Safety Operations Supervisor), Unlv University Libraries [R0137156], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, about 18 hours ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Security Officer (Safety Operations Supervisor), UNLV University Libraries [R0137156] ROLE of the POSITION The Safety Operations Superv...
Senior Cataloger For Portuguese And Spanish Language Resources, Harvard University, United States, 19 days ago
16-Nov-2023 Harvard Library 64354BR Job Summary Although the position will remain posted until filled, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by end of day on January 2, 2024. Information and...