The Senior Programmer Analyst is a member of Project MUSE's technical development team involved in software and database development. The position works with a small talented team who continues to output and design innovative publishing features in record time, with the quality and depth of a large organization. Project MUSE has thrived on creating custom solutions, offering flexibility to both the product and the customer. This position will report to the Manager, Publishing Technologies at Project MUSE.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops or modifies computer programs; develops test plans and performs unit, system and integrated testing for individual assignments, and or vendor software releases.
- Database design, development and implementation, including user and system requirements collection, proto-typing and testing, application database schemes design and integration with applications, production maintenance and user support.
- Develops, maintains, documents and tests new or existing programs.
- Adheres to project wide standards for data collection/storage, structured programming techniques, documentation requirements, testing, reporting, software/hardware releases.
- Uses programming knowledge and critical thinking to resolve moderately complex technical or procedural problems.
- Create reports and work with end users on report specifications; create and run queries as needed, both scripted and ad hoc.
- Participates in institutional-level information technology initiatives as assigned.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Manage several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on a team, set priorities, work under pressure, adapt to demanding situations, and maintain schedules.
] Assistant/Associate Professor In Grape Disease Ecology And Epidemiology , , United States, about 7 hours ago
Position Announcement School of Integrative Plant Science Plant Pathology and Plant-Microbe Biology Section College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Cornell University Position: Assistant...
] Applied Insect Chemical Ecologist , , United States, about 7 hours ago
Applied Insect Chemical Ecologist at the Geneva Campus of Cornell University The Department of Entomology at Cornell University seeks to fill a tenure-track position in applied insect chemical eco...