About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Director of Cloud Technologies, this role provides operations support for cloud services through build/deployment, monitoring, incident response, and incident resolution for production applications and infrastructure deployed in Northeastern University’s cloud environments.
As a senior engineer you will be knowledgeable and have demonstrable experience with the following: methodologies and technology: Microsoft Azure/Amazon AWS; DevOps/SRE methodologies; engineering via IaC/GitOps.
The right individual for this role will have the ability to build partnerships and lead technical teams, having proficiency in technical concepts, and the ability to manage complex projects.
At Team ITS, your success matters as much as the mission. Learn more about our flexible, highly dynamic, and values-first culture at careers.its.northeastern.edu
This position is eligible for remote work.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Seven years of professional IT experience, preferably building or operating programs within the domain areas of IT Infrastructure and Cloud environments.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Azure/Amazon AWS with a strong focus on automation via Terraform, Ansible (or similar technologies).
• Well-versed in the information security issues affecting educational entities and cloud-based application service providers.
• Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, including formal report writing experience.
• Experience working in Agile teams with Scrum/Kanban/etc.
• Relevant professional certifications such as AWS certifications, Azure certifications, etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Responsible for complete life cycle of enterprise cloud services utilizing automation, IaC, and GitOps model.
• Responsible for defining and implementing metrics to monitor cloud services and health according to SLOs and remediation for alerts/alarms generated.
Without direct supervision, perform tasks required to ensure customer satisfaction and departmental SLA's are achieved.
• Provide Tier 1, 2, and 3 support to customers on the services provided by the department.
• Provide accurate and effective documentation on all issues and problems.
• Provide training and documentation to Tier 1 support and other department team members on emerging issues.
Research and development of new technologies to support cloud program offerings.
• Mentor junior member in administration and development of existing and new cloud technologies.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
Executive Director Research Computing, Northeastern University, United States, 23 days ago
Details Posted: 16-May-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4187466 Executive Dire...
Hpc Systems Administrator, Northeastern University, United States, 22 days ago
Details Posted: 16-May-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4187444 HPC Systems Administrator Ab...
Endowed Chairs In Business, Northeastern University, United States, 22 days ago
Details Posted: 16-May-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Business/Finance Internal Number: 4189072 Endowed Chairs in Business About the O...
Gis Manager, Northeastern University, United States, 14 days ago
Details Posted: 25-May-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Information Technology Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4213844 GIS Manager About the Opport...
Sr. Makerspace Trainer, Northeastern University, United States, 3 days ago
Details Posted: 04-Jun-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4248264 Sr. Makerspace Trainer A...
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor In Management Mental Health, Northeastern University, United States, 22 days ago
Details Posted: 16-May-23 Location: Boston, Massachusetts Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Academic/Faculty Business/Finance Internal Number: 4189121 Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in ...