Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The primary role of the Sr. Bioinformatics Analyst position is to contribute significantly to requirements analysis, management, documentation, software architecture design, and participate in development of biomedical research and healthcare analytics applications. The position is for hands on analyst with skills in programming and data management who will contribute to the high level implementation, documentation, and management of research informatics platforms. The Sr. Bioinformatics Analyst will actively contribute to management, coordination, documentation, evaluation, training, communication, reporting, and representation of Einstein/Montefiore’s programs and will significantly participate in supporting existing software applications (developed in Java or .Net) and other RIC’s informatics needs.
- Coordinate and participate in management of research informatics implementations in a multi-disciplinary team including research coordinators, clinician-investigators, managers and administrators, software developers, engineers, support and reporting staff, etc. on various aspects of a project.
- Develop documentations for informatics solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, regulations and institutional policies and work processes; following the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in all aspects of governance and compliance in the use of the systems, QA reporting to ensure institutional policies and procedures are adhered to and that data integrity is maintained.
- Partner with subject matter experts (SME’s), managers, and technical leads to translate business requirements to technical specifications, and user stories for implementation.
- Oversee and participate in training users and certification process for users, trouble shooting, and continued support and services for the user community
- Collaborate with team lead, managers, and supervisors in planning, designing, implementing, analytic reporting all research informatics applications.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing technical documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Design Database schemas; write SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures and packages in database systems such as Oracle, Sql Server etc.
- Deploy and manage application on varieties of application servers.
- Provide effort estimates for tasks and track progress of assigned tasks and if required, all project tasks.
- Build automated tests to ensure quality of the software modules and minimize issues and bugs.
- Address production issues, implement fixes to address them & work to prevent them in future.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical (internal) stakeholders.
- Perform unit and integration testing, load-testing & performance testing when necessary to ensure stability and scalability of our websites. Translate product requirements into a technical implementation plan, using skills such as OOD, analysis of existing infrastructure, and research to select appropriate tools and technologies.
Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of experience developing backend and web applications in .Net or Java
- At least 3 years of experience writing SQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures.
- At least 3 years of experience with designing and optimizing Database schemas in Sql Server or Oracle
- At least 3 years of experience participating in all software development lifecycle phases
- At least 2 years of experience developing and integrating REST or SOAP web services
- At least 2 years of experience working with .Net application servers like IIS
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills to communicate and document user interactions, requirements, design specifications, reports and scope of work.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze, categorize and translate business/user requirements to functional requirements
- Strong presentation skills for user training and demonstrations
- Experience in analytics and data mining techniques
- Experience optimizing SQL queries and writing PL/SQL packages
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
Director Of Technology, Columbia University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title Director of Technology Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089327 Department 1416- IMC Columbia Investment Mgt Co Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Un...
Sr. Application Systems Developer (Ms Sql Server), Columbia University, United States, 10 days ago
Job Title Sr. Application Systems Developer (MS-SQL Server) Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 088891 Department 1612- CIT Technology Infrastructure Location Manhattanville Job Type Officer Ful...
Systems Administrator, Columbia University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Job Title Systems Administrator Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089288 Department 7540- PED Pediatrics Location Medical Center Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If temporar...
Associate Editor, Columbia University, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Associate Editor Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089135 Department 2075- PRV CU Press Location Morningside Job Type Support Staff Full-Time Regular Bargaining Unit If temporary, in...
Project Assistant, The Center For Science And Society, Columbia University, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Project Assistant, The Center for Science and Society Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 089040 Department 4182- A&S Cntr for Science & Society Location Morningside Job Type Support S...
Assistant Director, Financial Planning And Analysis, Columbia University, United States, 20 days ago
Job Title Assistant Director, Financial Planning and Analysis Job Code Title Job Requisition Number 088964 Department 4502- CCO P&A Deans Office Location Morningside Job Type Officer Full-Time Re...