Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position provides nutrition assessment, as well as, team and individual education for athletes based on performance nutrition standards. The incumbent will also serves as a resource to the Athletics Department. This position will exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides initial athlete nutrition assessment, counseling and education.
- Documents results and communicates findings to the student athlete.
- Conducts individual and team, nutritional education for specific sport requirements.
- Makes recommendations regarding nutrition supplements in accordance with SEC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Conducts body composition analysis. Communicates the nutritional influence of the results to the student athlete and coaches.
- Implements a hydration and electrolyte protocol.
- Translates hydration science into practice and educates student athletes on hydration needs.
- Plans and coordinates nutritional needs for pre-game, post-game and travel meals for assigned sports.
- Educates athletes and the athletic staff on the rationale for meals and snacks.
- Develops palatable menus suitable for a variety of sports and nutritional needs.
- Communicates with chef and food service personnel to assure quality food is served.
- Develops nutrition information to be made available electronically for student athletes and athletic staff.
- Utilizes social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to provide continued education.
- Meets with prospective student athletes to promote recruitment efforts.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
A Bachelor’s Degree from a four- year college or university in Dietetics or related field.
Two (2) years of experience related to the above-described duties.
Incumbent must be Registered Dietitian and eligible for a license within 60 Days of employment.
Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Asst Athletic Trainer Women's Basketball, Arizona State University, United States, 28 days ago
83424BR Campus: Tempe Asst Athletic Trainer Job Description Under administrative direction, responsible for assisting in the operation of the Athletic Training facilities, as well as the direct me...
Invitation Of Expression Of Interest For The Recruitment Of Teachers According To The P.D. 407/80..., University of Peloponnese, Greece, 17 days ago
The University of Peloponnese according to the no. 16/23-06-2022 decision of the Temporary Assembly of the Department of Science, Nutrition and Dietetics of the School of Health Sciences of the Un...
Manager, On Campus Recruiting, Arizona State University, United States, 22 days ago
83843BR Campus: Tempe Manager SDA Admin Job Description Under general direction, Arizona State Football is seeking a Manager of On-Campus Recruiting Operations to assist in the development, implem...
Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer In Food And Nutritional Science, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: School of Biological Sciences (26000) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer in Food and Nutrit...
Academic Coach And Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, 17 days ago
83905BR Campus: Tempe CDR SDA Admin Job Description Sun Devil Athletics seek an Academic Coach who, under the general direction and supervision of the Associate Director, the incumbent is responsi...
Assistant Football Coach (Temporary), Department Of Athletics – Georgetown University, Georgetown University, United States, 7 days ago
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitmen...