|Present Position Number
|Role Code Title
|Financial Specialist II
|Sponsored Prog Administrator
|Unit Mission Statement
The William & Mary Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is charged with management of all pre-award and post-award activities associated with extramural funding requested and received in support of the institution’s missions of research, education, and public service.
The Senior Sponsored Programs Administrator reports to the Director of Sponsored Programs and serves as an on-going advisor and lead to other Sponsored Programs Administrators in areas that include proposal preparation and submission, award review, compliance, financial reporting and training. The Senior Administrator will function as an OSP team lead for research centers that exist outside of a department or school. The Senior Administrator supports new and existing research centers by providing administrative and compliance supervision, assisting with research-friendly policy development, coordination with other administrative offices, and serving on oversight committees as necessary.
In addition, the Senior Administrator may provide specialized support to the Director in the form of leading contract negotiation, delegated authority to endorse proposal and/or execute sponsored research agreements, and adaptation of changing regulatory mandates into institutional policy recommendations.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• assists researchers in preparing and submitting research proposals
• ensures proper stewardship of financial resources by monitoring and managing sponsored programs funds,
• verifies compliance with all federal, state, institutional, and award-specific regulations and guidelines.
• provides secondary review of prime and subawards during negotiation
• provides expenditure approvals and time and effort reporting
• budget and cash monitoring, invoicing, and financial reporting
• grant and contract compliance and closeout.
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to effectively apply those principles.
• Must have previous experience in accounting or research administration
• Must have extensive computer experience including familiarity with automated accounting systems, databases, and spreadsheet programs.
• Must have knowledge of federal guidelines and regulations applicable to grants and contracts as well as a broad background and training in governmental accounting
• Must be highly organized and able to prioritize numerous competing assignments with multiple deadlines.
• Must be able to read and interpret complex documents and write and speak clearly and concisely and should be able to work with a varied constituency from diverse backgrounds.
• Experience in a higher education environment.
• Knowledge of state regulations and mandates.
• Experience with University enterprise accounting system (Banner)
• Certified Research Administrator, or more than three years of experience in preparation, processing, and negotiation of grant and contract proposals and awards.
|Advertised Pay Range
|$60,000 - $70,000, commensurate with experience
|University Salary Range
|358100 Office of Sponsored Programs
|William & Mary
|Is the position remote work eligible?
|Full-time (works remotely full-time and has no assigned university office)
|Remote Work Disclaimer
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.
|Job Open Date
|Review Begin Date
|Job Close Date
|Open Until Filled
|Full Time Operational
|12 Month - Continuing
|Special Application Instructions
|Conditions of Employment
• This position is subject to additional hours beyond the typical work day/week, to meet the changing business needs.
• This position is subject to occasional travel.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
|Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
|Benefits Summary Statement
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php
Grants Manager, Harvard University, United States, about 6 hours ago
27-Feb-2024 Harvard Medical School 65051BR Position Description Reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Finance, this position provides life-cycle grants management support and finance sup...
Prime Education Career Opportunity: Scientific Affairs Manager, Oncology & Women’s Health, Vanderbilt University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posted by hagansa2 on Sunday, February 25, 2024 in Job Opportunities . Are you looking to move your career away from the bench? Do you enjoy scientific and medical writing? ...
Senior Grant Manager, Harvard University, United States, 22 days ago
The Department of Immunology at Harvard Medical School seeks a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced individual to work as a Senior Grants Manager. They will administer pre- and post-award aspec...
Post Award Administrator, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 9 hours ago
Post Award Administrator Nurs-Office of the Dean - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (24001247) The School of Nursing is seeking a qualified Post Award Administrator who will serve as a member of the gran...
Senior Financial Administrator, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 10 hours ago
Senior Financial Administrator Med-Surgery - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (24001326) The Department of Surgery is seeking a Senior Financial Administrator. This position requires the appropriate appl...
Research Financial Administrator Post Award (Hybrid), University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 10 hours ago
Research Financial Administrator - Post Award (Hybrid) SHRS-Office of the Dean - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (24001414) The University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHR...