The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
The Princeton University Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) invites applications for a Spherical Torus Research Collaborations Coordinator (ST-RCC).
- The ST-RCC will work closely with the Research, Business Operations, Engineering, Facilities, Project Management Office, and Princeton Site Office teams at PPPL to coordinate, organize, and facilitate science research and development projects including conception, design, implementation, logistics, cooperative research agreements, and operation for Spherical Torus research collaborations in the U.S. and around the world.
- The ST-RCC will also be responsible for coordinating the specification, development, and oversight of data archival and analysis tools and data usage and publication policies and procedures for ST collaborations.
- Present ST collaboration facilities and programs include: MAST Upgrade at the Culham Center for Fusion Energy (CCFE) and ST-40 at Tokamak Energy both in the U.K., Pegasus III at the University of Wisconsin-Madison USA, QUEST in Japan, and other ST facilities in Japan, China, South Korea and beyond. New ST facilities and programs are also under development in Spain.
- The ST-RCC will also work closely with the NSTX-U Upgrade and Lithium Tokamak eXperiment – beta (LTX-beta) leadership teams at PPPL to develop collaboration strategies that complement and expand upon PPPL and wider U.S. ST research goals and objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in plasma physics, fusion science, nuclear engineering, or closely related discipline
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of tokamak/ST physics, research, operations, engineering, diagnostics, and simulations
- Experience in scientific leadership, team development, proposal development, successful funding
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across departments and organizations to achieve goals
- Ability to effectively negotiate and communicate with domestic and international stakeholders
- Ability to define, write, and communicate a compelling vision aligned with the missions and goals of PPPL and DOE
- Periodic domestic and international travel may be required to execute the duties of this position.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.
Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by contacting PPPL's Office of Human Resources at Onboarding@pppl.gov .
Princeton University-Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University-PPPL job offers are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. Princeton University-PPPL requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including subsequent boosters, and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
PPPL is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory managed by Princeton University. The DOE prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.
Princeton University-PPPL is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy .
Go to Princeton University careers site.
Cryo Em And Cryo Et Of Malaria Parasites, National Institutes of Health, United States, 18 minutes ago
Position Description: A postdoctoral position is available in the Jimah Lab to study organelle biogenesis, endocytosis, and other membrane remodeling processes in malaria and related parasites. Pr...
Custodian, Rutgers University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Custodian Job Category AFSCME Local 888 Department Athletics Events - Operations Overview The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate At...
Energy Management Control Specialist, Rutgers University, United States, 6 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Energy Management Control Specialist Job Category Staff & Executive - Facilities/Environmental/Maintenance Department IPO-Facilities...
Clinical Assistant Professor/Internal Medicine, Rutgers University, United States, 6 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Clinical Assistant Professor/Internal Medicine Department Pharm-Pharmacy Practice&Admin Salary Commensurate With Experience Posting ...
Visiting Professor For Electrical And Computer Engineering, Rutgers University, United States, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Visiting Professor for Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Engn - Elec & Computer Engn Salary Commensurate With Experienc...
Research Teaching Specialist Iii, Rutgers University, United States, 18 days ago
Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Research Teaching Specialist III Job Category Staff & Executive - Research (Laboratory/Non-Laboratory) Department Cancer Institute o...