Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today’s possibilities spark tomorrow’s reality.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s doctors are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Otolaryngology is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. With world-class research, teaching, and medical practice opportunities, why not choose the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine?
The Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery has an opening for a full-time Speech Language Pathologist in the ambulatory care unit. The clinician will be working with Head & Neck Surgery team and the Laryngology team. The SLP will plan and administer speech language pathology evaluations and implement appropriate treatment.
- Interacting with the multidisciplinary team, which includes surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, nurse navigators, RNs, social workers and dieticians.
- Proficiency with working in a multidisciplinary team setting and ability to communicate and relay information efficiently with the different members of the team.
- The clinician will be traveling between different office locations.
- Independently performing Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies (MBSS), Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) exams, videostroboscopic exams.
- Managing an independent case load of adults with voice and swallowing disorders secondary to various medically challenging etiologies using evidence based evaluations and treatments.
- Educating and counseling patients and family members regarding the communication & swallowing disorders the patients are being treated for.
- Participating in monthly H&N cancer support group (in the evenings), journal clubs, resident rounds and continuing education responsibilities.
- Required to finish medical documentation within the specified timelines.
- Organize daily schedule to prioritize responsibilities including the integration of meetings, responsibilities, or tasks into schedule without negative impact on patient care or productivity.
Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology.
Speech pathologist license issued by Ohio Medical Board as well as Ohio Speech Language Pathology and Audiology Board.
- Two (2) years of experience with voice & swallowing disorders including head and neck cancer, neurologic and neurogenic disorders.
- Previous medical setting experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- ASHA-CCCs and ASHA membership ,
- Independent in MBSS (MBSImp certification is ideal).
- Interest in clinical research in dysphagia and/or head and neck cancer.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Epa Perfluorinated Alkyl Substances (Pfas) Analyses In Drinking Water Co Op Internship: Ohio, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United States, 8 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)LocationCincinnati, OhioJob CategoryInternshipsSalaryTBDLast Date ...
Health Education Coordinator Assoc/Ukhc, University of Kentucky, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Health Education Coordinator Assoc/UKHC Requisition Number RE34562 Working Title EIS Health Education Coordinator Associate Department Name H5001: Pharmac...
Health Education Coordinator/Ukhc, University of Kentucky, United States, 4 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Health Education Coordinator/UKHC Requisition Number RE34546 Working Title EIS Health Education Coordinator Department Name H5001: Pharmacy Services- KIRP...