Being a part of Wellness@ASU as the Specialist of Membership Services means uniquely engaging in our mission of building an ASU student community that embraces physical, mental, spiritual, and social well-being of self and others as a hallmark of the Sun Devil Experience. We do this through the Sun Devil Way: exemplifying; achievement, engagement, and responsibility.
As an integral part of Wellness@ASU, the experience team is leading the way in providing personalized frameworks for students to establish and maintain positive health habits at ASU and beyond. We do this by assessing student health and wellness needs, providing a variety of programs and building environments that promote healthy living, decision-making and student engagement for students to ultimately be better equipped to succeed in their academics, career and in their personal lives. This person will also be responsible for taking a leadership role in cultivating, creating and ensuring student participation in ASU Spirit, Pride and Tradition while instilling institutional affiliation and college pride.
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Facilities & Operations, this position assists with planning, organizing and coordinating the facilities and business operations functions in accordance with established goals, priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications and coordinates the human resource functions related to the department.
Sun Devil Fitness Tempe
EDUC OUTRCH & STDT SVCS
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$42,000 per year
- Coordinate the recruitment, hiring, training, mentoring and evaluation of Membership Services student staff size of 40-60 students at any given time with an emphasis on providing outstanding customer service and creating a welcoming environment.
- Oversee all daily membership business operations performed by the student staff at the Administrative Service area. Business sales include but are not limited to registration for intramurals, Sport Clubs, instructional classes, personal training, aquatic programs, locker sales, Kid's Camp registration as well as the faculty/staff payroll deduction.
- Responsible for servicing/upkeep of POS terminals and credit card machines.
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of membership and program sales are implemented and conducted according to University customer service goals. Provide accurate and updated information to Admin student staff regarding changes/ cancellation to programs that are offered at the SDFC.
- Serve as departmental lead for Fusion.
- Verify that daily membership sales are in accordance with the SDFC guidelines. Provides informational assistance to student, faculty, staff, and special groups both on and off campus regarding memberships at the SDFC.
- Balance daily cash drawer for Admin & Intramural, Access, Equipment cash terminals; resolves any discrepancies
- Reconcile the cash and prepare deposits twice a week.
- Manage inventory of equipment and supplies that are both rented out of the Equipment Room and Pro Shop.
- Provide SDFC cash handling & university cash handling procedures for all student employees.
- Submit payroll deduction on a bi-weekly basis. Reconcile payroll deductions bi-monthly with report from HR.
- Weekly Student schedule review and approval of hours In SubltUp; Review Time correction request and adjust the time in to Subltup.
- Process online, Credit Card and membership refund through Accounts payable, Fusion and Quick pay system.
- Serve as a part of the Facilities team and assist in operations, events and necessary items surrounding the SDFC.
- Represents the department and serve on various department and university committees.
- Work independently and exercise professional judgment to serve as a knowledgeable and helpful resource in respect to ASU/Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS) policies and procedures to ensure accurate output and processing.
- Maintain revenue collection and cash handling process, invoicing to internal and external vendors; follow up on outstanding invoices and process refunds.
- Monitor a variety of account expenditures, maintain and reconciles detailed budgets for various accounts, advise and/or determines which expenditures are within the budget guidelines.
- Inform management of irregularities and proceed with corrective action.
- Purchase of supplies, services, and equipment with use of PCard and other purchasing documents in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
- Respond to audit requests and gathers documentation for PCard and financial records. Also performs PCard and account reconciliations.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office and administrative practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASU accounting and budgeting systems, procedure and techniques.
- Experience in processing payroll and maintaining employee time sheets.
- Experience handling cash, managing a departmental purchasing card and assisting in the operations of fiscally sounds environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing deadline
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio).
- Customer Service Experience.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Activities are performed in an environment all controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25).
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
- Calculator, telephone, computer (monitor, keyboard and mouse), printer, fax and copier.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Educational Outreach and Student Services (EOSS) is committed to enrolling all qualified students at Arizona State University and assisting them in their academic success. EOSS provides a broad range of services and support to students and prospective students ranging from outreach efforts with K-12 schools, orientation programs for new freshman, bridge programs to assist the transition to a university environment, and a wide variety of services, programs and activities for enrolled students. EOSS has direct responsibility for multiple departments across four campuses, some of which include the Dean of Students, University Housing, Health Services, Counseling Services, Disability Resources, the Memorial Union, Upward Bound, and TRiO programs, Sun Devil Fitness, Student Government, Student Media, Career Services and others.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
Research Professional I (Part Time), The University of Arizona, United States, 5 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Research Professional I (Part Time) United States | req13427 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Research Professional I (Part Time) Posting Number req13427 Department G...
Senior Manager, New Business Development (Dc Or Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 24 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Senior Manager, New Business Development (DC or AZ) United States | req13185 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Senior Manager, New Business Development (DC or AZ) Post...
Health Education And Promotion Professional Ii (Pinal County, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 26 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Health Education and Promotion Professional II (Pinal County, AZ) Pinal County, AZ, United States | req13162 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Health Education and Pro...
Project Manager, Airid (Washington D.C. Or Tucson, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 24 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Project Manager, AIRID (Washington D.C. or Tucson, AZ) United States | req13183 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Project Manager, AIRID (Washington D.C. or Tucson, AZ...
Project Manager, Airid (Washington D.C. Or Tucson, Az), The University of Arizona, United States, 24 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Project Manager, AIRID (Washington D.C. or Tucson, AZ) United States | req13175 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Project Manager, AIRID (Washington D.C. or Tucson, AZ...
Medical Front Office & Billing Administrative Assistant Ii, Student Wellness [R0134676], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 29 days ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Medical Front Office & Billing - Administrative Assistant II, Student Wellness [R0134676]. ROLE of the POSITION The AAII Medical Front ...