Athens Technical College in Athens, GA seeks a full-time Special Populations Coordinator. The Special Populations Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Student Support Services and Career Development for administering programs that effectively serve those students identified as members of a special population. The Special Populations Coordinator advises, counsels, and assists target populations in the areas of career and support services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Establish and implement a system to contact and follow-up with any newly enrolled student who reports being a member of a special population group
· Provide students with individual assistance in advisement, career exploration, job placement, and support services
· Develop appropriate informational materials explaining services offered to single parents, displaced homemakers, and persons with limited English proficiency
· Assist with proctoring course quizzes, tests, and exams for student with disabilities as needed
· Promote awareness of services to special populations by speaking to classes and student groups in the college and civic organizations in the community
· Develop and conduct group activities to promote retention of special population students enrolled at the college
· Provide training to faculty on how to understand and effectively work with special population students in the single parent, displaced homemaker, and limited English proficiency categories
· Other duties as assigned
Deadline to apply is June 5, 2020 at 4:00 pm.Skills & Requirements
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university *and* Two (2) years of related work experience
Two (2) years’ experience working with special population students; experience collaborating with local community resources to meet the needs of special population students and experience with Microsoft Office and Banner
To apply, click "Apply to This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or send electronically to email@example.com .
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
University Of West Attica, School Of Health Offers A Position Of Assistant Professor In The Field..., University of West Attica, Greece, 25 days ago
Dean For Academic Equity, Inclusion, And Success, Wesleyan University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position Information Job Posting Number S00806 Position Title Dean for Academic Equity, Inclusion, and Success Department Office of Equity and Inclusion-1153 Job Category Staff Posting Position Ty...
National And Kapodistrian University Of Athens, School Of Economic And Political Studies Offers A..., National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece, 2 days ago
C A L L O F I N T E R E S T F O R A N E X T E R N A L C O L L A B O R A T O R (Ref. Number 2138), BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION, ACADEMY OF ATHENS, Greece, 9 days ago
The Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, in the framework of the research project titled « System omics to unravel the gut-kidney axis in Chronic Kidney Disease (STRATEGY-CKD)»...
Manager, Tutoring & Academic Skills (Short Term Contract), New York University, United States, about 4 hours ago
NYU Shanghai seeks to fill a short-term contracted position for a special student program for the following Fall semester (July 2020 to Dec 2020). The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is intended to...
Sevis Coordinator, Wesleyan University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position Information Job Posting Number S00798 Position Title SEVIS Coordinator Department International Student Services-1159 Job Category Staff Posting Position Type Full-Time Position Details T...